Users + Autoform + Profile Pictures Help

Hey folks.

I’m about 60% through my Meteor app, just got cloudinary picture upload for posts, and now am hoping to allow user’s to upload profile pictures.
I am using the standard accounts-password package for my user management, and have been trying to use autoform and simpleschema + collection2 to allow a user to upload extra details to their profile as well (bio, website, company, etc).
This all works fine, and saves the photo to cloudinary (user is created, I see in robomongo) - but I can’t for the life of my get the password field to work/show up.

My first idea was to set a password field in the Meteor.users schema, but the password is not saved as the user’s password, just another field in the collection.

After that I found that the password field is in the services : {} field in the user’s collection, but now I can’t get anything in the Services field to show up on autoform.

I am using a schema similar to this one (taken from meteor-starter project).
But like I said, the autoform doesn’t show a password field.

Schemas.UserProfile = new SimpleSchema({
picture: {
type: String,
optional: true,
label: ‘Profile picture’,
autoform: {
afFieldInput: {
type: ‘fileUpload’,
collection: ‘ProfilePictures’
}
}
},
firstName: {
optional: true
},
lastName: {
},
birthday: {
type: Date,
},
bio: {
rows: 4
}
},
type: ‘map’,
geolocation: true,
searchBox: true,
autolocate: true
}
}
});

Schemas.User = new SimpleSchema({
username: {
regEx: /^[a-z0-9A-Z_]{3,15}$/,
},
emails: {
type: [Object],
},
“emails.$.address”: {
regEx: SimpleSchema.RegEx.Email
},
“emails.$.verified”: {
type: Boolean
},
createdAt: {
type: Date
},
profile: {
type: Schemas.UserProfile,
},
services: {
type: Object,
blackbox: true
},
roles: {
type: [String],
blackbox: true,
}
});
Meteor.users.attachSchema(Schemas.User);

I might be going about this the wrong way, but essentially in the end I just want a way for a user to upload a profile picture, and eventually save favourites and such to their account.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction for this?

Thanks so much.

Just use the schema for the profile, not for the user, there’s no good reason that I can think of why you’d like to mess with that since it might upset built in functions for handlin g users. And so on.

About the profile pic, just store the url to their pic in profile.profileImageUrl or something.Let them upload an image, store it and put the path in the profile

Ahhh that makes sense .
Will give it a shot tonight,
thanks!