useTracker in a create-react-app

Hi there!

I recently started at a new place where we use Meteor in the backend and React in the frontend.

At my last job I did a lot of React but I have never used Meteor before.

Reading through the guides I thought using subscriptions would be a breeze with withTracker. And then there even is a useTracker-hook now :smiley:

It’s a somewhat dated code base. I saw some createContainer-HOC usages and import { createContainer } from 'react-meteor-data'

And lots and lots of direct Tracker.autoruns in componentDidMounts and useEffect-Calls.

And two ominous commented // import { withTracker } from 'meteor/react-meteor-data' right before two of those createContainer-imports.

So I went and created a custom hook that imported useTracker from 'meteor/react-meteor-data' but couldn’t get it to run because

TypeError: _reactMeteorData is undefined

Then it dawned on me: This was a create-react-app and not a meteor react app and I couldn’t meteor add anything in here. Although autocomplete inside the curlies here import { } from 'meteor/react-meteor-data' did suggest withTracker and useTracker, following the imported symbols went to cached npm meteor lib inside my user hard disc user data.

So long story short, here’s my question: Is there any way to use an atmosphere package in a create-react-app (long time ago it was ejected: I’m updating to webpack v2 from v1 right now…)?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

In the meantime I guess I just use Tracker directly in my custom hook :smiley: