Using Third Party Javascript Libraries

Hi! I’m a to Meteor newb and also relatively new to Web Development. I was wondering how to use third party javascript libraries such as pdfmake (https://github.com/bpampuch/pdfmake) in my Meteor app.

In a simple plain html file, you would have a “script src…” tag in the head, with the location of the directory where the pdfmake .js files were saved, and you could then directly use the pdfmake functions.

I started building my first Meteor app using https://github.com/awatson1978/workflow-routing as a base. How do I include pdfmake in a project like this?

I know atmospherejs have some pdf printing packages, but I like the functionality of pdfmake and I also want to know whether it is possible to use any third party libraries, or can you only use ones that have been packaged already for meteor?

Thanks for your help!

If u have a .js and .css file than In your project create client folder and create a new two folder lib and css in client folder than move your .js file in lib folder and .css file in css folder -I wish it’s work for you

All resources in “public” folder are served to internet.
So you can simple create “public” folder in your project root directory and place hello_world.js into it.
Than load it in header by that script src=“hello_world.js”, not sure if u need “/” at the start .

Good luck

1 Like

Wow, 2 responses within an hour! Thanks so much for your help. I have got it working, by putting the pdfmake js files in the public folder and then referencing them by doing script src ="…/…/public/pdfmake.min.js" :smiley:

If I put them in the lib folder, I get this error (I think it might be because pdfmake is for the client side only?):

Your app is crashing. Here’s the latest log.

/Users/tinazhang/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.0.40.1mb1y9p++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/meteor-tool-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/server-lib/node_modules/fibers/future.js:173
throw(ex);
^
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘document’ of undefined
at o (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:2:222)
at Object. (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:2:2489)
at Object.t.length (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:2:2715)
at e (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:142)
at Object. (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:448)
at Object.fontDescriptors (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:2247)
at Object. (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:285)
at Object.docDefinition (app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:292)
at app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:229
at app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:1:234
at app/lib/pdfmake.min.js:24:3
at /Users/tinazhang/Documents/Coursework/Thesis/Meteor/workflow-routing/webapp/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:205:10
at Array.forEach (native)
at Function..each..forEach (/Users/tinazhang/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.0.40.1mb1y9p++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/meteor-tool-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/server-lib/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:79:11)
at /Users/tinazhang/Documents/Coursework/Thesis/Meteor/workflow-routing/webapp/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:116:5

Exited with code: 8
Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.