🚦 TRANSMISSION #1: a weekly show w/Sashko broadcasting the latest from Meteor Forums

Meaty hour? Hmmmmm… we recorded some good stuff, excited to see what people think!

5 Likes

I tried this:

Alexa Play Transmission…

“Transmission from Prime Music”

Alexa, Stop! Play Transmission podcast from Tunin"

“I Can’t find the podcast transmission from Tunein”

Right Click Download.

1 Like

React best practices/

Just had a quick look at the homepage and “meteoric” was the word that jumped out to me as a potential podcast name

This is great too.
I think MDG is really responding well lately and all credit to Sashko - his output has been instrumental in stopping me straying :wink:
I have meteorific.com doing nothing that you can use if your looking for a snappy domain for this (I’m not in sales mode here - just interested in community building…)

5 Likes

Glad to see this happen! Think it will make a big difference.

The first show is live! I think you all will like it and also be bummed at the same time… why?! @sashko and I had a killer convo about all things modern in Meteor but we never got past the first article in the 1hr show!!

In the next few shows we will be trimming the fat and will try to push out multiple 20 minute episodes, each covering one topic. Let us know what you think of episode #1 and our idea to trim shows down to 1 topic and around 20 minutes… we will be releasing about an hour of content per week (3 or 4 shows).

Enjoy!

:boom: https://transmission.simplecast.fm/1 :boom:

Tweet this beast out for us! Lets show MDG how much we appreciate it!
SHARE LINK: https://simplecast.com/s/5a3d5bce

23 Likes

Just finished listening to Episode 1, it was great, big kudos to @benstr and at @sashko.

Thoughts:

• I liked the format and enjoyed the depth of the discussion.
  • I thought the length was fine - quality and quantity, what more could you want
  • If the audio quality could be improved that would be good; there were a few bangs and background noises which were a bit weird when listening on headphones
  • It really does mean a lot to hear some positive voices around Meteor and to here someone from MDG talking about the ‘issues’ (or non-issues).
  • As a company assessing Meteor this is another thing making the decision easy for us
  • Can you syndicate it so we can get it in as a podcast?

Looking forward to the next one :smile:

6 Likes

Going to get a better microphone next time, had no idea it was so echo-ey. But I’m really glad you liked the discussion!

7 Likes

Thanks, your feedback means a lot :thumbsup:

iTunes approved the show last night: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/transmission/id1078456050?mt=2

YouTube video coming soon!

6 Likes

Ben, you are getting into every single podcast on my feed :smile:

3 Likes

Really liked the first show. Can’t wait to hear more on this new GraphQL stuff on the next show :wink:

3 Likes

please @sashko buy a better mic :smiley: I will gladly pay part of it :smiley:

3 Likes

We have the same one Ben has at the office, I just didn’t realize it would be this bad :smile:

5 Likes

great show - looking forward to more! :smiley:

2 Likes

I liked the topics that you have talked about. Having this weekly is awesome. :smile:

4 Likes

And I hope Sashko and Ben to do this podcast everyday to cover all these top forum posts.

8 Likes

everyday seems like a bit much :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh! I was joking :slight_smile:
NEED MORE CHARS

1 Like

@arunoda next time put less stuff in your post so that we can cover more! The ratio of concepts to text in that 2016 predictions post was off the charts :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully we can cover more than one topic next week, but it still turned out well since it was such a complex and diverse one.

1 Like