🚦 TRANSMISSION #8: Q&A with Meteor CEO Geoff Schmidt

:point_right: Howdy Meteor Forum peeps, It is time to plan show #8! What perked your interest this week(s) in Meteor?

Reply below, let us know which topics you want us to cover and who on the MDG team you want to be on the show!

Update

Show #7 was mind blowing. This is the most detailed podcast I have ever done. @sashko and I dove into Apollo and discussed every single detail! Check it out 🚦 TRANSMISSION #7: Apollo AKA Reactive GraphQL (Released) - #28 by benstr

Thank you all for your support and feedback!!

About TRANSMISSION

TRANSMISSION is a weekly podcast/vlog covering the most important topics to come out of the Meteor Forums. Each week I need your help to pick the most relevant forum posts for @sashko and I to discuss in deeper detail.

Podcast Site: https://transmission.simplecast.fm/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTUf4ytkmI8Q7cbf4J6aQEYun5g8fxt9B

11 Likes

Folks… I want to get @gschmidt on show 8 or another upcoming show to talk about MDG’s plans and priorities .

Geoff is super busy as all Valley CEOs are, so lets rally together and really let him know how much we would appreciate him as a guest on the show!

16 Likes

Ben, really appreciate the work you and Sashko are doing with Transmission. It has been a really valuable source of information on what’s currently going on with Meteor.

:+1:

2 Likes

@sashko we’re all getting pretty tired of Ben. can you bring @geoff on next?

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I think blackmail is in order - tell him that unless he comes on the show, we’ll start yet another forum thread asking about the future of Blaze …

8 Likes

We gotta think bigger than that now… How about… Meteor-fork-as-a-service?

3 Likes

We are full of comedians! :smile_cat:

5 Likes

I’d love to hear Geoff talk through that post

2 Likes

Hey all, I’m excited to announce the show with Geoff just finished being recorded. It was a great show and can’t wait to release it! There is a lot of content never before heard… stay tuned :slightly_smiling:

Thank you all for helping to make it happen. :family:

12 Likes

Wow, awesome! I can’t wait to hear it. BTW - I’ve been really enjoying the podcast. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that I’ve also been enjoying the show. Definitely prefer the youtube, but the podcast is a good backup!

2 Likes

Show #8 is released! Big thanks to @gschmidt and @sashko for helping create a great show with Meteor’s CEO.

6 Likes

Videos helpfully split into sections by @benstr!

Subtitles should be up in a few days!

6 Likes

The last - bad ideas - part was really funny and very true. Great karma you guys

3 Likes

I think the part at 3:03 in the bad ideas file is just so quotable: https://youtu.be/pcw-B_S4d6Q?t=3m3s

The comparison between how much easier it is today to get a video seen by 1 million people vs. how easy it will soon be to make an app that can be used by 1 million people is just so inspirational to me. It really is a reminder of how much space there is to improve the developer experience, to the point that basically everyone can build something simple that works well. I think that’s the moment when I gained a new level of respect for Geoff as someone with the right vision for a company/product like Meteor.

Once we have a transcript I’ll need to print that out and tape it up somewhere.

6 Likes

LOL. I was thinking the same thing @sashko. While editing this show I bookmarked a few spots I planned to make insperational posters for my own use. Hahaha, like minded :+1:.

@gschmidt you did a good job inspiring all of us, even the show hosts! Thank you

2 Likes

one of the best shows yet. @gschmidt is really a visionary. Thank you SO SO MUCH for sharing these insights with us.

Speaking more about the business and managerial point of view should become more commonplace, as it really helps to build a vision about how to build better products.

3 Likes

I think that’s a really good point - this community probably has an abnormally high number of company directors as many of us are already running our own businesses, or aspire to. Hearing from someone like @gschmidt on the business and vision side of things is really valuable, it’s hard to get guidance on that kind of stuff. Incubate the future Elon Musks!

4 Likes

Great podcast, I really enjoyed it. I’ve heard rumors of a the Return of Geoff on the next Transmission? Please confirm so we can ask some “bad” questions :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha I think Geoff won’t be able to come on every single one, but we’ll probably see him again in a future episode!

The next one is going to be about testing with Tom Coleman.

1 Like