Vote for ARM + BSD support with next meteor 1.4 universal

Hi, as the time comes more and more towards meteor 1.4, we already have finalized our universal fork to run meteor 1.4 also on ARM architectures. Read more details about that procedure if you like at: Coming soon: Meteor 1.4

In the past we have supported ARMv6 and ARMv7 architecture. The new boards are mostly designed to become ARMv8 (aarch64) and so we invested our effort also to enable this processors (hopefully also next server and hosting architecture).

The meteor build and its dependencies are grown over the years and therefor, a built and generation of dev_bundle for current meteor 1.3.4.1 for Raspi1 (ARMv6) takes about 3 days.

My question is now: “are those devices are still in use for NEW developments?” We still provide the 1.2.1 and 1.3.4.1 for the ARMv6 architecture so that current projects are continiously supported. But what about the next time apps beginning or ported to meteor 1.4.

Please check the next comments in this thread and click on “like” to count the interest for the architectures and OS.

Thanks for support and running meteor universal on those (IoT) devices and systems.

Tom

5 Likes

Please like and vote if you need support for ARMv6 (Raspi 1)

1 Like

Please like and vote if you need support for ARMv7 (Raspi 2, UDOO, …)

13 Likes

Please like and vote if you need support for ARMv8 [Arch64] (Raspi 3, Pine64, …)

17 Likes

Please like and vote if you need support for FreeBSD

1 Like

Please like and vote if you need support for OpenBSD

1 Like

Is there any posibility to convince the Mongo developer community that they are losing a great market (32 bits) for ligth hardware that will rise again with IoT technology. I am a developer on RFID area and as I see there is a lot of stuff to do with ARM technology. I hope that they open their eyes on time.