Warning message after 2.3.2 update

(node:55717) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'lineno' of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:55717) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'column' of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:55717) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'filename' of module exports inside circular dependency

Hi, I’m getting messages in the terminal like this. I couldn’t find anything. Can anybody help?

1 Like

Are you using fs in some capacity or anything else where you touch file system? This looks like something from that area.

No, my app is not doing anything with the file system.

I found this Node 14 with warning (node:31518) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'column' of module exports inside circular dependency · Issue #32987 · nodejs/node · GitHub and it seems the warning appears after the Node.js update. It seems an outdated package has an issue. It’s really hard to find.

How can I start meteor with --trace-warnings?

@storyteller I am getting a similar error trying to import jsdom in mocha tests on Meteor 2.5.3. The non-existent property is 'VERSION'. The library jsdom does indeed include a require('fs') line if that is relevant. Note that running meteor node _jsdom.js with contents

const {JSDOM} = require('jsdom');
console.debug(JSDOM());

completes without any issue.

PS: I actually have no idea whether this warning is linked to the error I am seeing.

PPS: Turns out what I was trying to do with jsdom was completely useless and probably meaningless Maybe the correct behavior is the one that I witnessed.

1 Like

set the environment variable NODE_OPTIONS=--trace-warnings