WARNING: npm peer requirements (for react-meteor-data) not installed:

So, this started to appear on my Google Chrome console (edit: also in server console). Maybe I did something, maybe IDK :wink: What does it actually mean? It seems a newer version of React has been relesed? Should I try to use it or? Simple ignore this warning or?

WARNING: npm peer requirements (for react-meteor-data) not installed:
 - react@0.14.8 installed, react@15.x needed
 - react-addons-pure-render-mixin@0.14.8 installed, react-addons-pure-render-mixin@15.x needed

Read more about installing npm peer dependencies:
  http://guide.meteor.com/using-packages.html#peer-npm-dependencies

Reading the document given by the message didn’t solve this:

ljack1:~/workspace/apimoon (master) $ meteor npm install --save react react-addons-pure-render-mixinreact-addons-pure-render-mixin@0.14.8 node_modules/react-addons-pure-render-mixin

react@0.14.8 node_modules/react
ljack1:~/workspace/apimoon (master) $
1 Like

Ah, must be the same issue as in here https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6762
Must be related to react-meteor-data upgrade from 0.2.7 to 0.2.9. Also see one interesting upgrade pending when running meteor update:
* tmeasday:check-npm-versions 0.2.0 (0.3.1 is available) (which might or might not be related )

It looks like you should try updating react to 15.x.x.

npm install react@^15.0.0 --save

But understand you’re going up a major version of React here, something may break. You probably also need to do the same for react-addons-pure-render-mixin if the above line doesn’t fix it alone.

If you don’t want to update React right now for any reason, it’s probably okay to ignore the warnings until you do.

Recently Reacts version went from 0.14.x to 15.x.x. It looks like react-meteor-data wants you to be on 15.x.x. The documentation in the link is more informational rather than something to be copied verbatim.

I reviewed some code I wrote a couple of months ago, and the same issue exists. I’ve resorted to installing dependencies using meteor npm inside the package.json and removing the ‘official’ react package and works great… sort of. Still using the react-meteor-data package however.

Here’s my boilerplate repo…