Web Socket & Proxy

Hi all,

I’m working as a consultant for a company that enforces the use of a corporate proxy to browse the web. We have to authenticate ourselves when using it with our AD account.

While browsing Pollinic, my Meteor application, I can’t get any data and while error messages like this one is flooding the console:

WebSocket connection to 'ws://www.pollinic.io/sockjs/948/by11cnjl/websocket' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403
29b56c69aa9d14f5c76920fc79e63ba75539a891.js?meteor_js_resource=true:41 POST http://www.pollinic.io/sockjs/948/vhiap87d/xhr 403 (Forbidden)

I can’t tell if there’s an issue with my application or because the proxy is preventing web sockets connection, or worse, is badly configured.

Is there anyone who have successfully browsed a Meteor app behind a corporate proxy with authentication? While working for a different company with a proxy that’s not requiring an authentication, I can see that my app is working flawlessly.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

Not sure if this will solve it, but using SSL for you websocket connection makes most proxy issues go away.

Thanks for your answer. I’ll have to buy a certificate then.