I tried it out a bit the last days. Yes, there’s many of nice features in this software, like refactoring etc. But to be honest, the slow reaction times and the (at least in my eyes) quite ugly, overcomplicated interface made me return back to Atom.
Just some examples: Just setting the tab indent from 4 to 2 on most files drove me mad. It was always reset back to 4 without any clues (until I switched the Sceme to Project), and I had to do this work for every single file type again. Another weirdness is that WebStorm resets your font size if you switch between Themes, which I often do to switch between a daylight and a nighttime theme. Plus, if you change fonts on MacOS, it can happen that the code is shown with invalid characters (squared A’s), and I had to Google to find out that this disappears if you invalidate WebStorm’s cache and restart the GUI. These kind of glitches may be not that important if you have worked with the app for a long time, but for a newbe this is just frustrating.
Still did not give up, as I see the potential. But WebStorm is a wild beast, compared to Atom (which got me almost instantly).
EDIT: From the functional side, I tried to configure linting using a .jshintrc configuration file. Although I found the right user interface option, my globals are still being marked as unresolved. And no clues how this might be resolved / which linter actually drops this message.