What happend to the updated Socially tutorial for angular 2?

I understand that you put all the angular2 installer command and typing in one command:
$ meteor create --example angular2-boilerplate socially
as mention in the new tutorial,
but execute that command saying that I need to git clone boilerplate project that is not updated to the last 1.4.1 and also not the basic start you want when you push meteor create.

I guess just not added as part of meteor command now. But will be added in the future.

git clone is just a temporary way.

shouldn’t i be able to clone/download socially angular2 and just issue ‘meteor’ and have it run? when i try that i’m just bombarded with a host of unmet dependency errors.

I think first npm i, then meteor should work

I’m having this same issue. There also seems to be changes taking place within the posted tutorial which is super confusing to keep up with. Did you ever getting the final app running?

npm i; then meteor - this is not working for me. Any other suggested steps to take? Meteor seems to get the code to run, but then in the browser it is just a white blank screen… I read your post about using the angular2 services structure instead of the way the tutorial was structured, and decided to study angular2 more in depth before continuing with the tutorial. I then went back to the tutorial to notice that the structure was changed. Did your input have something to do with these changes? Are you pleased with the updated structure of the angular2 tutorial? Thanks in advanced

Did you get some errors in your console or terminal?

There are some small issues in my old posts, and some of those posts are old, I lost the access to edit, so
I put new one here Desugar Meteor, Angular 2, RxJS 5, and ngrx.

After that slides, the new Meteor Observable based API released.

Demos using Observable based API can be found here:
angular2-meteor-with-observables
angular2-meteor-with-observables with ngrx

Hey thanks @Hongbo_Miao,
This is the repo I cloned: https://github.com/Urigo/meteor-angular2.0-socially
Yeah, i’m getting some dependency issues when I run ‘npm i’. It seems like some of the packages have been updated, but some packages still depend on the old versions…?
here is the output:
├── UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/common@2.0.0-rc.4
├── @angular/compiler@2.0.0-rc.4
├── UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/core@2.0.0-rc.4
├── @angular/forms@0.2.0
…skip some lines
│ ├── @angular/compiler@2.0.0-rc.1
│ ├── UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/platform-browser@2.0.0-rc.1
… skip to end
npm WARN @angular/compiler@2.0.0-rc.1 requires a peer of @angular/core@2.0.0-rc.1 but none was installed.
npm WARN @angular/platform-browser-dynamic@2.0.0-rc.1 requires a peer of @angular/core@2.0.0-rc.1 but none was installed.
npm WARN @angular/platform-browser-dynamic@2.0.0-rc.1 requires a peer of @angular/common@2.0.0-rc.1 but none was installed.
npm WARN @angular/platform-browser-dynamic@2.0.0-rc.1 requires a peer of @angular/platform-browser@2.0.0-rc.1 but none was installed.

I just dled the zip of step 15 and it is running fine, no dependency issues; so i’m going to work through the rest of the tutorial and see where I hit any issues.
Appreciate the quick reply, if you know how to resolve the issue let me know, and thanks for the slides and demos.

That is normal warning which should affect the app running.

@Hongbo_Miao
I’m assuming you mean ‘should NOT affect’? Yeah, I’ve had these warnings before and then had no prob running the app, but in this case all I get is a “loading…” message and nothing ever happens.

Also, after running meteor I get:

If you notice problems related to these missing modules, consider running:
meteor npm install --save spawn-sync

I run that command and run meteor again and get:

If you notice problems related to these missing modules, consider running:

meteor npm install --save try-thread-sleep

If I run this and then run meteor again I get:

client/imports/auth/login.mobile.component.ts (44, 16): Property 'requestPhoneVerification' does not exist on type 'typeof Accounts'. client/imports/auth/login.mobile.component.ts (59, 16): Property 'verifyPhone' does not exist on type 'typeof Accounts'.

Throughout all this nothing changes in the browser, still just ‘loading…’. I know I’m probably grasping at air here, but I figured I would post what I was getting anyway.

Hi @samson432 please report this on github.

@Hongbo_Miao Ok, will do.