What package are you missing?

https://www.npmjs.com/package/languagedetect would be really nice.

This is An admin package. I think a telescope like aproach would be far way better, since it would be extensible with plugins (for user activity etcā€¦) or for example you could change themes more easily.

I dont say this package is bad, but not enough good and could be made much better. I think this would be helpful for many comunity members.

• jss
  • jsoniq
  • json2json
  • oauth2 server
  • oath integrations
  • leap (update to meteor 1.0)
  • hl7 fihr
  • bluebutton
  • icd10
  • brain.js
  • genetic.js

Just to name a fewā€¦

Dwolla payment integration.

1 Like

Yah, good package for payments would be awesome. Something like we have with accounts. Wit many modules to easily add new payment processors support.

1 Like

how about antiscroll? https://github.com/Automattic/antiscroll
a package for that would be nice :slight_smile:

Bringing this thread back from the deadā€¦

I really need a sharedb package. There is a sharejs package, but itā€™s essentially deprecated and using old dependencies, and sharedb is the evolved version of sharejs.

For those of you who donā€™t know, sharedb provides operational transforms stored in a database and a client to connect to it and receive transformations in realtime, which allows any number of clients to edit the same JSON document simultaneously and it handles conflict resolution and sending out updates to ensure all clients achieve the same synchronized state of the document. Sharedb comes with a mongo adapter that uses mongo oplog tailing, and itā€™s designed for realtime collaborative apps. It would fit perfectly in the meteor ecosystem :smile:

There doesnā€™t seem to be any package out there yet using it. Has anyone here taken a stab at it? Itā€™s looking like Iā€™ll probably have to make my own package, if thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll definitely be open sourcing it when itā€™s ready.

• Generator syntax
function* lazyList() {
  let i = 0;
  while (i < 100) {
    yield i;
    i++;
  }
}
  • Modules, preferably working with require on both client and server
export class Blah { }
// ...
let Blah = require('blah');
  • es7 style async functions
let doLongProcess = async function (timeout) {
  return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, timeout);
}
await doLongProcess();
  • class mixins
class FancyClass extends Mixin(Mongo.Collection, EventEmitter) { }
  • Something that replaces futures with promises, and preferably Bluebird as the tool for promises.