Well, I’m all for progressive tech like JSX, but at the end of the day, it’s a technology invented by a company – not a world wide standard, like HTML. I think it’s too early to separate “newbs” and “pros” just by their knowledge of React/JSX.
Tracker and blaze components have problems, reactivity is not predictable, React has one-way flow and so it’s easier to understand
These things I’ve got problems understanding. Just like @aadams above, we’ve put in some time organizing our (I would say pretty large) Meteor app into well-defined components, and that’s been working out great for us. No one of my or my co-workers have had problems with “bidirectional data flows” or “unpredictable reactivity” after moving away from Session when that went out of fashion.
I’m talking about complex UIs with many components and subcomponents. That’s where blaze will hit it’s limits and React will help you most.
Yes, as I said, I’ve been building a pretty complex Meteor app with a load of subcomponents. Limits as in organizational limit, or performance limit?
I just don’t think one should be so quick to jump on the React bandwagon and drink the kool-aid. Add support for it in Meteor: totally. Throw away everything and buy into the Facebook stack: not so sure. I remember when every smart web person thought Backbone was the most awesome thing… ![]()
I think there are a lot of great insights and opinions in this thread, by @aadams, @faceyspacey, and @mweststrate : Next steps on Blaze and the view layer - #465 by aadams (around post 465 and down).