Who uses what - Blaze/Angular/React/Vue - Poll

Vue v2.0 FTW :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Updated :slight_smile: I do not think that would change anything but logically this is correct as it reflects the content of the poll. And in the poll it rather symbolizes ‘Other than official library’.

2 Likes

hmm so:

blaze crew = reaganites; the silent majority; too busy to protest

react crew = occupy wallstreet; lots of free time; hipsters

:grin:

4 Likes

Can somebody direct me towards some Meteor apps built with Angular? (production apps, startups)

And what are some good examples with Vue.js?

http://www.appsbuiltwithangularmeteor.com/

:grin:

1 Like

I’d be interested to see who uses Blaze + Viewmodel

4 Likes

Wow!!! 53% are using React!!! That’s Great!!!

Nice but the link is down.

Well, we’ll see in 3 days from now :slight_smile: As very busy people should probably visit the forum every other weekend :smile:

Can someone please clarify why isn’t angular a popular choice? It seems to me the simplest choice but for some reason it always seems to be somewhat ignored.

I think for several reasons. First, Angular 1 is very old and suffers from using outdated paradigms. Angular 2 is around the corner but is still in release candidate phase. Angular 2 is also a more complete framework (more along Ember.js), whereas React is just a view library just like Blaze and Vue. Then, there is the Typescript thing - Angular 2 code looks horrible without Typescript and Meteor advocates using ES2015. Further more, React has the hipness factor.

Also, I disagree it’s the simplest choice. I think Blaze is a far simpler choice (and it’s the default!).

4 Likes

There are still lots of production websites using PHP, but that doesn’t necessarily make it good.

There’s definitely room for improvement in the way you framed the question.

It’s also important to keep in mind that many transitioning apps are using both Blaze and React at the same time. That doesn’t mean they’ll still be using Blaze by Meteor 1.4.

I don’t think you can draw any conclusive forward thinking results from this.

Then the next poll should be “What view library do you use for new projects?”…

@laurentpayot, if you framed the question like this, it would mean you are looking for ‘intent’ – which is not tangible and may change based on factors. Asking for the present is more scientifically representative. What you may want, is to repeat the poll at a later date and chart the difference.

@mz103, PHP remains a defacto leader in the server space, and actually performs quite well (REALLY well), so not sure of your point (in fact the issue with PHP is I/O blocking: http://blog.soulserv.net/from-php-to-nodejs-part-ii-performances/). All this poll shows is that Blaze is very present and that React has caught up to be head to head (but not surpassed). The remaining view engines are far behind. Anything else you read from it would be conjecturing.

New doesn’t mean “in the future”. It means something that had a fresh start without any need of refactoring that older projects generally can’t avoid.

@laurentpayot, got it … you mean ‘greenfield’ projects (i.e. starting from scratch).

1 Like

Another weekend and Blaze is clearly ahead with 51% over 48% React :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So after 2 weeks it is 52% Blaze, 46% React, and Angular catched up to 9% from miserable 2-3% in the beginning.

1 Like

I believe that Angular forks visit this forums less regularly so it takes them time to vote.