Windows/Desktop Application using Meteor

Something’s definitely wrong then. I’ve been developing an app with electrify for a few months now. I have however made a private fork and adjusted quite a bit here and there, but the app is clocking in at around 250MB and it has a lot of npm packages and other stuff in it.

Just go take a look inside the folders where most of the file size is stored.

Can you list some of the main adjustments you made to your private fork that you think helps keep the file-size so low? are there any general rules to follow?

Filesize-wise I didn’t change anything, it was more to have more control over versions and debug (had some small issues).
Again, just take a look inside the folders to see what is taking up that much space. Something I’ve seen happen in the past is when you run electrify package while there’s already a folder with a build in it, it might nest apps, so there’s unnecessary files inside. I always remove the build folder before packaging as a rule.

Hello Waldgeist,

Can you please give us some info on how you integrated meteor in Node WebKit? Did you have to demeteorize or did you use the regular meteor build process? Could you please shortly describe the steps required? Did the integration in WebKit permit apps for Linux/MacOS/Windows? Thank you very much!