It’s been a year or so since I was last working in this area, but as I recall, our initial tests were that it worked. I wouldn’t say that we did extensive or exhaustive testing; so there may edge cases that I don’t know about. But tentatively, yes; as I recall, we installed CNAME aliases, and everything worked just fine. It was not having a DNS abstraction layer that was causing problems with cluster management, and getting the CNAMES in place was a bit of a logistical headache with our hosting provider, and something we considered a bit of a milestone. Shortly after we got them in place, and did a few up/down tests, confirmed everything was working, I left the project. But CNAMES were what we had identified as the preferred approach.