I started a project to integrate vue with meteor, including single-file components without webpack: https://github.com/Akryum/meteor-vue-component
Feel free to contribute!
Amazing. I will keep an eye on this ![]()
Lots of answers here…
Very cool @akryum! Wow, you’re even planning Apollo integration soon, that rules!
I saw your project the other day on twitter. Vue.js re-tweeted it.
It looks really promising. Kudos for starting that, it’s awesome.
When do you think it will reach some kind of maturity to be safely implemented in a meteor app?
The packages need more testing and I’m not done with all the features list yet. I can’t give you an exact estimate but you can already test some of them and report any issue, if you want to contribute.
I will 
Now with apollo integration!
https://github.com/Akryum/meteor-vue-component/tree/master/packages/vue-apollo
Awesome stuff @akryum!
Internet 5! 
Awesome. Yeah templates are a big part of why I like Blaze. With React, constructing HTML inside of a JavaScript string makes technical sense, but then it feels like I’m going back to what I didn’t like about programming for the web with vanilla PHP.
The Apollo integration it’s huge! As MDG seems not interested support Blaze in Apollo, this could boost Vue adoption as the Meteor’s layer thanks to your work 
Wow. Just the other day I was thinking, “wouldn’t it be awesome if Meteor had full support for Vue.js?”
Glad to hear I’m not alone. I’m currently busy with some projects (not involving Vue), but I will definitely try and contribute to any ongoing efforts when I get some time.
Bookmarking this thread in the meantime.
You can now auto register components with the .global.vue files:
That’s an awesome feature @akryum !
In my opinion for both MDG and the community it would be smarter to invest in Vue.js now, instead of trying to keep Blaze alive.
When you code, you love to see in your browser the changes that you make in your app, and meteor current hot-reload is quite slow and reloads your entire app.
Well, now you can do just that with your vue components! Instant hot-reloading has landed in akryum:vue-component@0.1.0 in native meteor (no webpack).
This feature is experimental and may cause your app to not reload by itself when meteor wants it.
Awesome, please keep up the great work.
This is awesome! I’ve been wanting native Vue components for so long now, thanks a ton for your work. I’ve got a decently large Meteor+Vue app, I’ll definitely bring this into my project and pitch in for any bugs I find. If your package could handle code splitting/lazy loading of components as well, this would be a game changer
Thanks for your work, it looks really sweet! May be someone has some kind of starting guide for meteor and vue?
This is a great idea, and would help get adoption rolling. The more ppl we can get to start using Vue in Meteor the more mature tooling will come of it. Some stuff a guide could include
- @akyrum’s meteor vue components with hot-reloading and apollo data integration
- Tracker<->Vue data integration. there’s a few packages like vue-meteor-data
- (doesn’t exist yet) FastRender support, either at the router layer via VueRouter or ideally at the component level
- a full starter app that includes all the packages needed to get up and running
For you 2nd bullet point, I made my own package to integrate tracker data and meteor subscriptions into vue components: https://github.com/Akryum/meteor-vue-component/tree/master/packages/vue