Working sample for splash screens in mobile-config.xml?

I’m struggling with setting the splash screens correctly for both Android and iOS.

The sample file mentioned in Meteor docs here only states two samples but lacks a complete listing on all possible options:

http://docs.meteor.com/#/full/mobileconfigjs

Cordova docs are a bit more informative:

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/config_ref/images.html

but still, I can’t make this work correctly. Today, I tried to submit my app to Apple’s store and got this message:

ERROR ITMS-90096: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5 - New iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image referenced in the Info.plist under UILaunchImages with a UILaunchImageSize value set to {320, 568}.

I had a look at the info.plist, and there actually was an entry for a file with a 320x568 resolution. But the launch image name was Default-568h which does not match any of the file names set-up in my mobile-config.xml, and also does not match any of the file names in Cordova’s docs. What makes it even more confusing to me, the Cordova docs don’t mention 320x568 as being one of the supported formats.

Suprisingly, when I had a look at the build export files, there was a folder named splash that included a file named Default-568h@2x~iphone. But this one had a resolution of 640x1336, so obviously the @1x version is missing here. My mobile-config has an entry for ‘iphone5’, but this does not seem to be enough.

I am really wondering what “magic” is happening that converts the files in my mobile-config into the files I can find in the exported splash folder, and by what rules this all works?

Also, is there any reliable resource where I can find out which resolutions I actually need, for both iOS and Android? I found so many different values on the internet, that I am quite confused.

On Android, I am struggling with setting up the 9-tile launch screens right. As far as I can tell from issues I found somewhere in the internet, this isn’t even supported by Cordova ATM, although Meteor docs state that you need to provide them.

Would anybody mind sharing his/her mobile-config files and how he/she set-up the images files to have a working set of launch screens?

Thanks in advance,
Waldgeist

I didn’t upload any app yet, but I will try in the near future. Having your same problem in finding reliable info I decided to replicate the splash folder I found in the official Local Market example as I suppose MDG did their homework right. I hope those image formats are not already outdated or incomplete.

any movement on this? I am running into a similar issue.