Your app is crashing... Error: Title is required

I’ve dug around to try and find the answer to this before posting but am not finding my particular error. I built my first app, which runs great locally, so I deployed to, but when visiting the site, it always crashes. I checked the logs and it prints out a string of error information that points to ‘Title is required’.

Not seeing the error locally, I did a ‘meteor reset’ and when restarting the server, was able to reproduce the error. Below is the error shown in localhost, not sure if you need the meteor log, but I can add if it would help. Thank you for your help.

Your app is crashing. Here's the latest log.

Error: Title is required
    at getErrorObject (packages/aldeed:collection2/collection2.js:369:1)
    at [object Object].doValidate (packages/aldeed:collection2/collection2.js:352:1)
    at [object Object].Mongo.Collection.(anonymous function) [as insert] (packages/aldeed:collection2/collection2.js:154:1)
    at Function.Factory._create (packages/dburles:factory/lib/factory.js:79:1)
    at Function.Factory.create (packages/dburles:factory/lib/factory.js:87:1)
    at app/server/seeds/items.js:11:15
    at Function._.times (packages/underscore/underscore.js:1093:1)
    at [object Object]._.(anonymous function) [as times] (packages/underscore/underscore.js:1149:1)
    at app/server/seeds/items.js:10:11
    at /Users/Rooster/Documents/development/pbs/qc-app/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:229:5
Exited with code: 8
Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.

I think, in your fixtures, you seem to have missed some data that you’ve defined as required in your Schema with aldeed:collection2

Thank you for the quick reply. I did have one collection with one data point set to optional: false so I set it to true to be safe for now, but I still get the error.

Then looking at the code would probably be better. Or may be wait for a while for others to reply :smile:

Ok, I got it working. I had a startup factory function to pre-populate my app with data and apparently this was causing the error on deployment. Removing it cleared my errors.

1 Like