Good news everyone!
TL;DR: I’ve worked on a first version of a more fully featured version of the Async Transition guide.
Please have a look & please post lots of feedback! With the link it’s also possible to add comments in the document itself.
Note: THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS - I’m not done with this (and neither are you!)
This is meant to be a first impression & a call for feedback & support.
Please speak your mind freely (this goes for all of you except for you @harry97 ! ) & please let me know
- Whether you like the format so far
- What you’d like to have included
- What you’d like to have changed
I’ve also created a slack channel for discussions of the transition guide: #async-transition-documentation
I wanted to get it done now because there are multiple parallel attempts at this and I thought it might be good to coordinate ourselves to avoid unnecessary duplication of effort.
Q: Why a google doc?
A: Because I felt like time would be of the essence & I wanted to get this out the door ASAP. Also because I hope it allows more people to cooperate together on this document going forward, I think the barrier to entry is much lower than creating PRs on the Meteor Guide.
Would you like to help out?
- a) I think this could still use a lot of love & effort - if you are or know a talented technical writer, it’d be great to either get some input or just HELP in fixing this up & updating this as we go! It’s really surprising to me how much time this took me already, so i’d really be happy about all helping hands!
- b) Reach out to me here or on slack or wherever & I’ll drop you an edit link so you can go to town on this yourself!
Please share this post far and wide if you can so we can organise around creating a really helpful migration guide for as many Meteor users as possible!