After Upgrade to Meteor 1.6.1 - cant run on Android - Gradle version issue

Hi,

everything was working fine with Meteor 1.6 I coudl build Android & iOs

After upgrading to Meteor 1.6.1 it borked my Crodova Android build. iOS works fine.

I tried fresh with a rm -rf ./meteor/local and meteor reset meteor remove-platform android followed by meteor add-platform android which results in

Status of the individual requirements:        
✓ Java JDK                                    
✓ Android SDK                                 
✓ Android target                              
✗ Gradle: Could not find an installed version of Gradle either in Android Studio,
  or on your system to install the gradle wrapper. Please include gradle 
  in your path, or install Android Studio

I noticed this github closed issue… but thought I’d check if anyone had any words of wisdom pls?

So this hack in the above github issue worked… I installed the specific Gradle using sdkman

FYI see https://medium.com/@czerwinb/how-to-install-a-specific-gradle-version-on-your-mac-beab35051ee8

it would be good to know if there is a real fix for this?

Where do you locate which version of gradle to install based on the local Meteor version? Experiencing this same error, but when I install my distro’s gradle, the app fails to build and install.

Installed version Gradle 4.1, still no go.

It was a while ago, I think you need to install Gradle v 2.14.1

Adam Ginsburg
adam.ginsburg@buzzy.buzz
tel: +61 411 151 732
www.buzzy.buzz

This does not do the trick with Meteor 1.6.1

Hello folks

Being the author of the above issue, I faced the same problem today, and found this thread ans the recetly added replies to my issue. This time, with Meteor 1.6.1, installing graddle 2.12.1 with SDKMAN! worked well and solved the problem in no time.

thanks
I had to rebuild a new machine and hits this issue again
I only see gradle 2.12, where did you get 2.12.1 from?

As I said, I simply used SDKMAN!, nothing else. Did you try to install 2.12 to see if it comes with the x.x.1 patch ?

thanks for quick reply, yep used SDKman and installed 2.12… but in my projects ./gradle folder only shows 4.7 do I need to do something to specifically have it work for my Meteor project?

Also my error is slightly different…

If I remember well, you should change the version in your gradle to make it match the one installed. I didn’t work with mobile tech for some weeks, my apologies for my weak memory :slight_smile:

Yeah, I solved this before, I think… for some reason SDKman says I have installed it but brew does not…
43%20pm

Update this seemed to sort it out, I installed https://github.com/dpa99c/cordova-android-support-gradle-release

Posted this similar issue but slightly different Getting a range of issues trying to Build Cordova Android on 1.6.1 @fen747 not sure if you have any words of wisdom, please, before I have to sacrifice some more chickens to try to get this to work?

Unfortunately, my so-called wisdom about cordova ends here… Sorry dude !

BTW : did you tried to remove xwalk ? It can be quite a source of problem in term of compat sometime.

Yep. Removed crosswalk and a few others.
@martijnwalraven any ideas pls?

Also trying this on another machine…

2.12.1 does not seem to exist:

Setting gradle 2.14.1 as default.
Adams-MacBook-Pro:~ adamginsburg$ sdk install gradle 2.12.1

Stop! gradle 2.12.1 is not available. Possible causes:
 * 2.12.1 is an invalid version
 * gradle binaries are incompatible with Darwin
Adams-MacBook-Pro:~ adamginsburg$ sdk install gradle 2.12

Downloading: gradle 2.12

In progress...

######################################################################## 100.0%