An "I'm still here" post

Since I read a couple of “Bye-Bye”-Posts recently, I tought it was time for a “I’m still Here” post. So yes, I am still working on my Meteor project, with Blaze (!) and all that other cool stuff. Never would I have gotten that far without Meteor.

Join me, if you like. :slight_smile:

59 Likes

Genius! And funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

AMEN!!!

ME TOO!!! ALL IN!!

I LOVE Blaze and meteor: After working my ass off for the last year learning “meteor 1.0” (Mongo. Blaze, SimpleSchema, Collection2, Autoform, and all the other nice stuff out there on athmosphere) I feel like on on fire. There is sooo much stuff we can do using those tools. Let’s keep them alive and build upon them. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yup, still kicking around, and looking forward to years more of Mongo/DDP/minimongo usage. Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources works great with SimpleSchema, Collection2, etc. And we have some documents in the works regarding refactoring from Blaze to React Native.

9 Likes

Not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. :slight_smile:
Meteor is now production ready and still many times more easier than anything else I tried to use.

2 Likes

I’m here too.
Not as active in the forums anymore, but still around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you guys remember the good old times, when really cool packages kept popping up out of nowhere on a daily basis on athmosphere? I’d love to see that again soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m one foot in, one foot out at this point. After poking around on Meteor for a bit under year, I made a decently-functioning app that’s currently running. And I don’t have any intention to migrate it.

However, Meteor being my first real foray into the full stack of web development, for my next project I decided to start with a bit more of a “ground-up” approach. Node.js + Express + Vue.js + Firebase. There’s some overlap in these technologies and Meteor, but I felt the call to expand my horizons and see how a few more of the pieces actually fit together. Once I’m done with my next project, who knows. It’ll be exciting to come back and see how the Meteor ecosystem has grown in that time. I wish the best for the people who are sticking it out here.

P.S. Galaxy is baller, still. If MDG happens to open that platform up to plain Node.js apps, they’ll have me as a long-time customer.

1 Like

i am still here too =)

1 Like

I’m still here but waiting for apollo

3 Likes

Still here, building MVP’s some of which get into production. Using Blaze and planning to keep using it.

4 Likes

I am here as well - building several projects with Meteor and Blaze.

3 Likes

Also still here. Being super productive with Meteor every day! Mostly not Blaze anymore though.

1 Like

Still here too! After a couple simple “test” projects I’ll kick out to production the most demanding project I have ever worked on in just a couple months now. Thanks mostly to minimongo, DDP and awesome community packages!

Blaze 2.0 FTW by the way…

2 Likes

I started a project for Caterpillar, which had a deadline of 1 week to complete. I only got it because I left for Meteor. We’re also using Meteor for a great precision agriculture project, and at no time did I miss using Node with anything else.

1 Like

I’m still here too, and fully dedicated to maintaining and improving the Meteor Mantra Kickstarter to ease the uptake for newcomers who want to go that route.

Next roadmap item :: an entirely new deployment vector. :gift:

2 Likes

Still here and enjoying it along with the community

2 Likes

Still here and Meteor is still the best full stack solution out there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

why would anyone ‘bye-bye’? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for the good vibes everyone! If you have a chance to tell people about your experience or contribute to Meteor in the form of designs or PRs, that would be incredible.

13 Likes