An "I'm still here" post

Still here, building MVP’s some of which get into production. Using Blaze and planning to keep using it.

4 Likes

I am here as well - building several projects with Meteor and Blaze.

3 Likes

Also still here. Being super productive with Meteor every day! Mostly not Blaze anymore though.

1 Like

Still here too! After a couple simple “test” projects I’ll kick out to production the most demanding project I have ever worked on in just a couple months now. Thanks mostly to minimongo, DDP and awesome community packages!

Blaze 2.0 FTW by the way…

2 Likes

I started a project for Caterpillar, which had a deadline of 1 week to complete. I only got it because I left for Meteor. We’re also using Meteor for a great precision agriculture project, and at no time did I miss using Node with anything else.

1 Like

I’m still here too, and fully dedicated to maintaining and improving the Meteor Mantra Kickstarter to ease the uptake for newcomers who want to go that route.

Next roadmap item :: an entirely new deployment vector. :gift:

2 Likes

Still here and enjoying it along with the community

2 Likes

Still here and Meteor is still the best full stack solution out there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

why would anyone ‘bye-bye’? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for the good vibes everyone! If you have a chance to tell people about your experience or contribute to Meteor in the form of designs or PRs, that would be incredible.

13 Likes

No need to wait. Apollo works with Meteor fine already. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very much still using Meteor (w/ Blaze)!! https://www.qualia.com/

6 Likes

What a nice thread!
Bad vibes can snowball quickly, so sometimes it feels like everybody are bailing. But maybe the silent majority are just too busy creating value for clients using Meteor. :slight_smile:

I, for one, am still immensely happy with Meteor.
I get stuff done in no time with it, and I certainly don’t miss kicking around with Express/Passport/Mongoose/gulp/webpack/whatever to get to the same point of productivity.
As a one-man-band, being able to create business critical enterprise apps from scratch to production in a matter of weeks (or days, even) is amazing and very valuable!

Thanks for sticking around. I just hope all the leave-threads don’t make you lose focus or motivation.

14 Likes

Yep, still here also and thanks to Tom (@waldgeist ) for starting this thread.
Nice to see so many people giving the thumbs up.

3 Likes

Yes, good point.

There are many, many technology choices/combos out there. Every project will have different needs, aspirations, constraints and circumstances. Do not be too swayed by some of those projects deciding to move off of Meteor (or not using it in the first place!). They’ll have their own individual reasons. Judge your use of Meteor on your own needs.

Perhaps now, more than ever before, it is a sensible choice for many - it’s fully proven, no longer “bleeding edge” and really does work very well.

6 Likes

Anyone up for building a ‘Meteor Safety Check’ button a la Facebook?

Say That Your Meteor Project is Safe
If you’re OK with Meteor, click or tap the “I’m Safe” button to let other devs know straight away that your Meteor project is alive & well.

<button>I'm Safe</button>

1 Like

Great to see the positivity in here! I certainly look forward to seeing what we can all do together and continuing to move the project forward however possible.

If anyone needs assistance contributing in the form of triaging issues (a huge help!) or submitting PRs (or if you need help figuring out where to start!), please let me know!

7 Likes

Still here and enjoying myself migrating my Meteor+Blaze project to Meteor+React. Does this count, too?

9 Likes

Still using Meteor for geographical information services and working with realtime atmospheric and oceanographic data. We have a lot of small low budget projects that need to be spun up really fast - Meteor still really fits my needs!

3 Likes

This guy is still using Blaze? Well… then we must burn him!

3 Likes