Android and Hot Code Push on Install

I’m seeing two issues with hot code pushes on android only ios works fine.

On install it only ever shows the version of my code when I created the APK, closing and re-opening the app seems to fix it for me . But one of my clients who has a samsung s9 is never getting any code pushes. I’m working remotely and haven’t had his phone in my hand so there’s a chance he doesn’t understand how to properly close apps. But the install issue is pretty significant.

I tried this really dated package mdg:reload-on-resume but no dice. Any suggestions?

I’m running Meteor 1.8

Just bumping this not sure if anyone has insight to at least how to always get your app to show the latest code on install for Android.

HCP was only recently fixed in Meteor 1.8.1-beta.14

1 Like

Ah great thank you very much

We have just recently upgraded to Meteor 1.8.1 from 1.6.1. We noticed that hot code push is no longer working for Android while iOS worked perfectly fine. Is this a known issue, or if there is anyone who sees the same problem?

I have the same issue.

Had the same issue. 1.8.1 causes HCP problem on my project, whereas 1.8.1-issue-10516.0 seems to make it work. And have stuck to it even though I get reminded to upgrade to 1.8.1

Bummer. Do you guys know if there is a bug opened already? I am sure that we are not the only one who has the issue.

Can you confirm that your manifest is not being cached when you upgrade your code?

website.com/__cordova/manifest.json

My bad. I need to add the WebAppLocalServer.switchToPendingVersion call.

Cordova Hot Code Push mechanism is now switching versions explicitly with
call to WebAppLocalServer.switchToPendingVersion instead of trying to
switch every time a browser reload is detected. If you use any third
party package or have your own HCP routines implemented be sure to call
it before forcing a browser reload. If you use the automatic reload from
the Reload meteor package you do not need to do anything.
cordova-plugin-meteor-webapp PR #62