Atmospherejs.com metadata is not being picked up

Hi, noob here. I’ve successfully deployed my first attempt at a package to atmospherejs.com (The trusted source for JavaScript packages, Meteor.js resources and tools | Atmosphere).

However, I cannot figure out how to get the README.md nor the github link to show up. I’ve looked at the following SO question meteor - atmosphereJS is not picking up readme.md file? - Stack Overflow for hints, but to no avail.

In my package.js Package.describe() block, I’ve tried various combinations of git and documentation values, but cannot seem to get the readme to display.

Here is my github link: GitHub - awei01/meteor-configurator: Simple configuration object set/get manager for Meteor.js.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin

I think atmoshpere is having some problems right now.

The https://atmospherejs.com/packages/recent page shows the latest package to be released 17 hours ago!

So I guess you should just wait it out or post an issue over at https://github.com/percolatestudio/atmosphere/issues

Ok, thanks for the quick response. Will wait and see.

1 Like

I’ve made some changes and created a pull request… I’m not sure if Atmosphere is having issues or not but once you think it’s ok to publish the updates you can use. meteor publish --update

Appreciate the quick PR. I just updated the package, but no joy. I’m assuming it’s an atmosphere issue. I’ll try again later. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem, when it does come back up you should be all set.

@copleykj What does meteor publish --update do? I couldn’t find any docs on that. Does it use the same version number but update the codebase in the meteor package server?

1 Like

--update flag updates documentation and metadata without updating the codebase. If you run meteor publish --help it gives the options for the publish command

Thanks @copleykj. I was secretly aghast thinking that you might be able to update package code without a version number change, but that is perfect. I’ve often wished to be able to update docs and metadata without a version bump. Many thanks for mentioning it above! I learnt something new today.

I’m also experiencing the same problem. I tried updating my reactive-ibeacons package twice today and it’s still showing the version from yesterday.

I think Atmosphere is kind of dead right now, meaning, it is not getting updates from the package server.

@awei01 I am sure your changes (if you republish a new version) are getting picked up by the package server itself, though. It is just that, Atmosphere just fell behind in refreshing its internal cache of the package data.

@serkandurusoy Thanks again.

1 Like

Hey all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We had an issue syncing with the package server, should be resolved now.

3 Likes