šŸ˜Ž Awesome Meteor List

Will do soon, Iā€™m still consolidating the list, crawling and indexing all the Meteor resources I can find, and I wanted to start from within the forum to get input from the active folks here, the Meteor ecosystem is huge frankly, Iā€™ve never seen a web platform with so much breadth, Iā€™m surprised myself!

3 Likes

@vlasky I had another try, I managed to work out that I needed mysql 5.7 for the binlog to work. I got the reactive-mysql-example to work for me, so I was enthused

Now Iā€™m trying to get it working with Meteor. I think I have the publication working, but Iā€™m not sure how to get the data in the client. With a Mongo database, I can do a Collection.find() to get the data, but I canā€™t work out what is needed here to fetch the data. Presumably it doesnā€™t use minimongo in the client (Or does it?)

Any help would be appreciated

@mikkelking could you please start another thread for that, just to keep this thread focused, thanks.

Adding to community:

3 Likes

Adding Commercial section:

Meteor jobs from https://github.com/harryadelb/awesome-meteor-jobs/blob/master/README.md

Thanks Harry Adel for compiling this, I hope you donā€™t mind the integration, but I think it is useful to share here.

If anyone knows another company or board let us know.

2 Likes

I want to warmly recommend https://scalingo.com/ as a very meteor-friendly hosting solution.

Weā€™re hosting a quite complex (imho) Meteor App there and itā€™s very simple, easy to set up and push-to-deploy. I can only highly recommend it.

Pros:

• Hosted in Europe, optionally - DSGVO anyone?
  • MongoDB - Hosting available out-of-the-box and well configured, with oplog, automated backups, yadda yadda
  • Fair price IMHO
  • Great and up-to-date docs
  • Fantastic support, Iā€™ve had many questions and issues solved quickly and easily by an engaged team of devs / support staff, with almost immediate feedback every time and with high quality results & follow up every time.

Check it out:

https://scalingo.com/pricing/osc-fr1

PS: Iā€™m not affiliated with Scalingo, except as a happy user.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation @DanielDornhardt, Iā€™ll add to the list and link it to your post.

Also please consider sponsoring the Meteor Community if your business is profitable.

Interesting, I wonder how did they manage to comply with the MongoDB SSPL license?

:arrow_up: View Full List.

Adding socialize to packages.

Packages for social interaction within Meteor applications

2 Likes

Adding The Unchained Engine to open source:

The Unchained Engine is a headless & open-source e-commerce toolkit. The Unchained Engine is our core product and is written in Node.js ES6

2 Likes

This is an awesome post, but it scares me that after 2 weeks it has only 25 likes.
Iā€™d wish that Meteor was so popular that a post like this would have hundreds of likes.

2 Likes

No worries. Thereā€™s plenty of people. Some are just not as active on this forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @bluray!

Well, partially itā€™s my fault, because the original post from two weeks was heavily edited.

Also what @cloudspider mentioned. Clearly there are many busy developers working on many awesome projects on top of Meteor, otherwise, we wonā€™t have that list, they are just ainā€™t as active in the forum. This is a tech forum, not Instagram and folks are busy coding. But I wouldnā€™t mind more likes, it is taking me time to create it and the projects are truly awesome :wink: .

But I myself is extremely impressed by the sheer volume of open-source activity surrounding Meteor, and I really think that the Meteor ecosystem deserves way more recognition, it is surely above and beyond everything else out there.

So make sure to spread the word and tell your friends and colleagues about it!

3 Likes

Hi Alawi,

you wrote:

Interesting, I wonder how did they manage to comply with the MongoDB SSPL license?

I asked them and they answered:

Hello,

we are an official MongoDB partner (and I believe the only one for managed MongoDB in Europe). As thus, they validated our services and part of the pricing goes into licence fees to MongoDB Inc.

So, it seems like theyā€™re cool and did their homework :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made some updates to the list:

Features capabilities
- Battle-tested, backward compatible with a track record to prove and stable, forget about the JavaScript fatigue and focus on your business

Packages
- Added section ā€œnew notable packagesā€
- Added pub-sub-lite
- Added quave:profile

Community
- Improved the language to make more newcomers friendly
- Updated slack invite link
- Added discord channels
- Added meetup, twitter, medium, youtube and facebook

Meteor Developers
- Added @copleykj to the sponsorship list.

The list is getting there.

Share the list with your colleagues and on twitter, like, and let us know if you to add something.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to add great model and validation library:
https://jagi.github.io/meteor-astronomy/

2 Likes

Added astronomy, Thanks @kriz.

Really impressive package, how did I miss that, I recommend everyone to check out.

Here is a brief description:

Astronomy gives you a possibility to define a documentā€™s schema that includes field definitions, helpers, methods, events, validators and many more. As a result, programming is much easier and the amount of code you have to write much smaller. But a picture is worth a thousand words, so letā€™s take a look at a simple example.

Check out the site, really impressive!

2 Likes

Came here from the 2020 August 19 Meteor Community newsletter.

I already shared it in a post under the Vue category, but I have been working on a YouTube playlist for Meteor + Vue.

Would you consider adding that to this list :grimacing:?

6 Likes

Thank you @ackzell for sure will add and Iā€™ll move the list to Github soon to allow PRs.

And I like the teaser!

Edit: unfortunately I canā€™t edit this post anymore so I think it is time to move it to Github!

Also the Community newsletter keeps getting better, I encourage everyone using Meteor to subscribe to it, it is on point and has a very well selected topics.

4 Likes

With RAIX deprecating his packages, perhaps it would be worth mentioning activitree:push for the entire Push tech (web, cordova and server). I am testing now a new version that includes the now deprecated eventstate and eventemitter (raix) and latest versions on Firebase and Firebase-Admin (FCM). Iā€™d love to see some contributions especially in the area of separating Push (notification API and tokens) to its own Mongo Database to leave the pipes open for the core of Meteor functions.

3 Likes

There is already some work done on GitHub in this regard:

1 Like