😎 Awesome Meteor List

Hi Alawi,

you wrote:

Interesting, I wonder how did they manage to comply with the MongoDB SSPL license?

I asked them and they answered:

Hello,

we are an official MongoDB partner (and I believe the only one for managed MongoDB in Europe). As thus, they validated our services and part of the pricing goes into licence fees to MongoDB Inc.

So, it seems like they’re cool and did their homework :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve made some updates to the list:

Features capabilities
- Battle-tested, backward compatible with a track record to prove and stable, forget about the JavaScript fatigue and focus on your business

Packages
- Added section “new notable packages”
- Added pub-sub-lite
- Added quave:profile

Community
- Improved the language to make more newcomers friendly
- Updated slack invite link
- Added discord channels
- Added meetup, twitter, medium, youtube and facebook

Meteor Developers
- Added @copleykj to the sponsorship list.

The list is getting there.

Share the list with your colleagues and on twitter, like, and let us know if you to add something.

:arrow_up: View Full List.

3 Likes

I’d like to add great model and validation library:
https://jagi.github.io/meteor-astronomy/

2 Likes

Added astronomy, Thanks @kriz.

Really impressive package, how did I miss that, I recommend everyone to check out.

Here is a brief description:

Astronomy gives you a possibility to define a document’s schema that includes field definitions, helpers, methods, events, validators and many more. As a result, programming is much easier and the amount of code you have to write much smaller. But a picture is worth a thousand words, so let’s take a look at a simple example.

Check out the site, really impressive!

:arrow_up: View Full List.

2 Likes

Came here from the 2020 August 19 Meteor Community newsletter.

I already shared it in a post under the Vue category, but I have been working on a YouTube playlist for Meteor + Vue.

Would you consider adding that to this list :grimacing:?

6 Likes

Thank you @ackzell for sure will add and I’ll move the list to Github soon to allow PRs.

And I like the teaser!

Edit: unfortunately I can’t edit this post anymore so I think it is time to move it to Github!

Also the Community newsletter keeps getting better, I encourage everyone using Meteor to subscribe to it, it is on point and has a very well selected topics.

4 Likes

With RAIX deprecating his packages, perhaps it would be worth mentioning activitree:push for the entire Push tech (web, cordova and server). I am testing now a new version that includes the now deprecated eventstate and eventemitter (raix) and latest versions on Firebase and Firebase-Admin (FCM). I’d love to see some contributions especially in the area of separating Push (notification API and tokens) to its own Mongo Database to leave the pipes open for the core of Meteor functions.

3 Likes

There is already some work done on GitHub in this regard:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m aware of it, but that list needs a major update though, I’ll see if I consolidate the two.

Perhaps we can have in the community site? I’m open to suggestions with respect to where to maintain/share this, whatever helps to give more visibility to the great work many folks are doing within the ecosystem.

1 Like

This is so awesome !!!

What about Phusion Passenger? It has great documentation and is a breeze to set up when self hosting.

They even have a docker container set up that works like a charm.

2 Likes

Thanks @fillipefeitosa I didn’t know about Phusion Passenger.

Could you describe briefly what it does and what makes it different.

According to the website:

In a typical production stack, one would use Nginx as the web server and Passenger as the application server. Passenger integrates with Nginx and manages the application and its resources.

For hosting, it is a solution that glues together several components usually needed for deployment. It has even load balancing (although I never needed to put it to prove itself).
Phusion servers the application, while nginx act as the web server.

The configuration becames “handy” because phusion integrates with nginx as module, and you can set definitions on sites-enables/my-app.conf files.

2 Likes

To be honest I love and using Phusion Passenger whenever possible.
It’s great extension to every nginx web-server out there. And I’d recommend it to every DevOp with no doubt.

But it has nothing to do with meteor (I know they had a special loader for meteor in the past to run non-build (dev) meteor apps), as they focus on many platforms and languages from node.js to Ruby, and latest release has become platform agnostic polyglot.

Saying that Phusion Passenger should find its place in awesome list for devops, not meteor.

5 Likes

Thanks @dr.dimitru for clarifying this, I agree. The Awesome Meteor is meant to highlight the work within and specific to the Meteor ecosystem.

With that said, it is still good to hear about Phusion Passenger in this thread for those who need it.

Let me know if you (and others) have anything else you would like to see in this list.

2 Likes

I’m active Meteor-ecosystem contributor, and I got approved for GitHub Sponsors.

GitHub Sponsors services — would cover fees and other expenses, contributors would get exactly what you send, and you won’t waste a penny, — it’s a great way to support projects and maintainers you depend on!

Feel free to add the link to the list, and support your fellow meteor developer.

5 Likes

@alawi posted from another topic: https://github.com/antwaremx/meteorman

8 Likes

@alawi Did this list ever make it onto Github? If so, could you share the URL/repo?

You can add quave to the list of companies: it’s probably the one with the most Meteor contributors & core team members, and highly specialized in meteor-related projects. :slightly_smiling_face:

Btw, the link to the Meteor official partners list is broken, apparently this page was removed.

Not really, I can do it this weekend if you guys think it would help.

1 Like