😎 Awesome Meteor List

Hello! In another post, I’ve shared a list of what changed in the Meteor ecosystem over the last few years and I thought it is worthy of a topic on its own (I was surprised that really major contributions went unnoticed).

Is there anything awesome that you think people might not know about and you would like the community to learn about? or even a cool open source project built with Meteor? useful link/tutorials pertaining to Meteor?

Then let us know by sharing it below.

Here is the initial list, I’ll update it when needed:

:ballot_box_with_check: Features & Capabilities

• Battle-tested, backward compatible with a track record to prove and stable, forget about the JavaScript fatigue and focus on your business
  • Differential bundling (which is awesome)
  • Dynamic imports
  • Built-in TypeScript
  • Support for React, Svelte, Agular, and Blaze (which is still great, all supported views have tutorials)
  • Meteor Vue with HMR
  • Support for SQL with real-time maintained by @vlasky (this link had 11 clicks and got rested, many seems interested in it!)
  • Much faster build times and MUP support thanks to zodern
  • NPM support
  • Latest NodeJS support with easy update
  • SSR Support

:gear: Packages & Technology

:bus: Data Layer & Transports

• DDP/Websockets (default)
    SimpleDDP An easy to use DDP client library, can be used to connect to static sites (CRA, NextJS etc.), or microservices to Meteor backends via DDP
    SwiftDDP: integrate servers written in meteor (a framework written in javascript) using native Swift in iOS.

• Rest
    MeteorRest: :sleeping:make your Meteor app accessible over HTTP and DDP alike
    Picker: an easy to use server-side router for Meteor.

• GraphQL
    Apollo Integration: a guide on integrating Apollo GraphQL server with Meteor backend

:rocket: Deployment & Production

Note if you are deploying outside of Galaxy and your business is profitable then please consider sponsoring the Meteor community developers below so they can support your business foundation. :heart:

:toolbox: Tools

• Atmosphere: Meteor’s specialized full-stack packing system, complementary to NPM
  • Meteor Dev Tools: chrome extension for inspecting Meteor clients
    Make CLI: Maka-CLI is a command-line tool, which organizes a web application’s file structure and automates everyday package installation tasks for various application frameworks (i.e., React, GraphQL, Rest API, Material-UI, Jasmine / Mocha Tests).

:houses:. Community

:seedling: Notable Open Source Projects

• RocketChat: The ultimate Free Open Source Solution for team communications.
  • Wekan: The open-source kanban (inspired by Trello built with Meteor)
  • Open Kadira: Open source meteor monitoring tool
  • The Unchained Engine: a headless & open-source e-commerce toolkit.
  • VulcanJS: :volcano: A toolkit to quickly build apps with React, GraphQL & Meteor
  • LessWrong 2.0: awesome discussion space, especially in the age of false information, build with VulcanJS which is built on Meteor, check it out!

:books: Tutorials & References

:necktie: Commercial

– Companies

– Job Boards

– Partners

:woman_technologist: Awesome Meteor Developers

Do support the Meteor open-source community by sponsoring those awesome members (contribute what you can afford):

Active Meteor developers:

Past Meteor developers:

Any more packages, articles, tutorials, and discussions.

If you’re using a package/library, resource, developer, boilerplates article or tutorial not listed here please let us know, there is a lot of stuff and I don’t know or recall.

Happy Coding!

42 Likes
8 Likes

Meteor + Electron for Desktop app. https://github.com/wojtkowiak/meteor-desktop

7 Likes

Bumping up and adding Mup to the list.

Although Mup has been here for while, it grew significantly over the last years.

1 Like

Thanks @afrokick!

Also judging by the clicks, there is interest in the Meteor build client package. I suspect a lot of folks would like to generate a static bundle from Meteor and deploy it somewhere, perhaps it is worth considering it part of the community packages. Same is true for the SQL support.

Let me know if I missed something you’ve been using, also I think it is worth adding the open source projects (like VulcanJS and others).

2 Likes

Adding Heroku buildpack.

1 Like

Meteor Vue with HMR: https://github.com/meteor-vue/vue-meteor

3 Likes

Adding LessWrong 2.0 to Open Source

Awesome discussion space, specially in the age of false information, build with Vulcan which is built on Meteor.

1 Like

FYI: The build client package is currently refined and released as 1.0 by @dr.dimitru who took over maintenance.

Please also add Meteor files which is also actively maintained by @dr.dimitru

4 Likes

Also another question: will this list be curated on GitHub later on?

3 Likes

@jkuester thanks for the suggestion, I’ve added Meteor files, it is really awesome! @dr.dimitru consider applying for Github sponser, and adding your packages to the community packaegs.

Yes, that was the plan, but I’m thinking it is good to have it running in the forum for some time so we collect input and engage the community, and then I think it is good to add to the community sites and GitHub.

I’m seeing another advantage in having it in the forum, we’re getting indirect analytics on the interest based on the links count click, can we do something like that in Github?

For the others, if you have a package or a meteor related resource that you like to share, do let us know so we can add it.

Adding Meteor GitHub sponser to the list.

1 Like

Adding Meteor SwiftDDP.

1 Like

Adding recent PWA resources:

And:

3 Likes

Adding Make CLI to tools

https://www.maka-cli.org/

Make-CLI has one main goal – provide simple tools to create structure for your application in a repeatable manner. This is the nature of scaffolding.

2 Likes

Adding Scaling & performance best practices thread to the resources section.

Meteor Scaling/Performance Best Practices

The performance thread will later be converted to a guide or github book/wiki, right now we just need to consolidate the community knowledge, so please share what you know.

2 Likes

SimpleSchema - https://github.com/aldeed/simpl-schema by @aldeed
simple:rest (REST for Meteor) - https://github.com/stubailo/meteor-rest

1 Like

Thanks @afrokick

I’ve added GraphQL and Meteor Rest to the data layer section and simple schema to the technology section.

It is really impressive how much the community have built around Meteor! let me know if there anything else you would like to add

2 Likes

Adding Meteor Community Organization Sponsor:

Is the SQL integration still current? I had a play recently, and couldn’t get it to work with the latest Meteor release, and gave up disappointed. Does anyone have anything current?

2 Likes