Hello! In another post, I’ve shared a list of what changed in the Meteor ecosystem over the last few years and I thought it is worthy of a topic on its own (I was surprised that really major contributions went unnoticed).
Is there anything awesome that you think people might not know about and you would like the community to learn about? or even a cool open source project built with Meteor? useful link/tutorials pertaining to Meteor?
Then let us know by sharing it below.
Here is the initial list, I’ll update it when needed:
Features & Capabilities
- Differential bundling (which is awesome)
- Dynamic imports
- Built-in TypeScript
- Support for React, Svelte, Agular, and Blaze (which is still great, all supported views have tutorials)
- Meteor Vue with HMR
- Support for SQL with real-time maintained by @vlasky (this link had 11 clicks and got rested, many seems interested in it!)
- Much faster build times and MUP support thanks to zodern
- NPM support
- Latest NodeJS support with easy update
- SSR Support
Packages & Technology
- New notable packages:
– quave:profile: profile the server runtime of Meteor with automatic update to S3
– pub-sub-lite: lighter (Method-based) pub/sub for Meteor with client caching other performance boosts
- Up to date router (flow router)
- Scaling with Redis (while maintaining the same API), using RedisOplog
Anstromy: The Astronomy 2.x package introduces the Model Layer for Meteor collections. Do more with less code, a really impressive and well documented package.
- SQL like relationship query using Grapher
- Meteor + Electron
- Meteor built client (a.k.a static site generator)
Meteor Files: Upload files via DDP or HTTP to Meteor server FS, AWS, GridFS, DropBox or Google Drive. Fast, secure, and robust.
- NPDev React Loadable
- Meteor Elm
- Reactive aggregate: pub/sub support for Mongo Lookups
- Socialize: Packages for social interaction within Meteor applications.
Data Layer & Transports
– SimpleDDP An easy to use DDP client library, can be used to connect to static sites (CRA, NextJS etc.), or microservices to Meteor backends via DDP
– Apollo Integration: a guide on integrating Apollo GraphQL server with Meteor backend
Deployment & Production
- Galaxy: awesome Meteor hosting, forget about DevOps and focus on your business ( recommended)
- Galaxy Guide: a great resource on how to deploy and manage your production applications.
- MUP: an awesome Meteor swiss-knife deployment tool
– Galaxy APM: Galaxy built-in Meteor apps monitoring tool
– MontiAPM : standalone hosted Meteor monitoring service
– Open Kadira: Open source meteor monitoring tool
– Meteor APM: Performance Monitoring for Meteor based on Elastic APM
- Secure Meteor: a book on Meteor security
- Meteor Scaling/Performance Best Practices: a thread about scaling tips and best practices.
- Heroku buildpack for Meteor v1.0+.
- Meteor Azure: Automate Meteor deployments on Azure App Service
- Scalingo: another awesome meteor hosting, optimized for Meteor with sticky session and Mongo Oplog.
Note if you are deploying outside of Galaxy and your business is profitable then please consider sponsoring the Meteor community developers below so they can support your business foundation.
- Atmosphere: Meteor’s specialized full-stack packing system, complementary to NPM
Meteor Dev Tools: chrome extension for inspecting Meteor clients
Make CLI: Maka-CLI is a command-line tool, which organizes a web application’s file structure and automates everyday package installation tasks for various application frameworks (i.e., React, GraphQL, Rest API, Material-UI, Jasmine / Mocha Tests).
- First, star and watch Meteor on Github
- Explore the Meteor Community site
Join our Meteor Community Slack workspace
– Slack bots for new and updates to Atmophere packages, join the #packges channel
– Slackoverflow integration
– Awsome and passionate people
- There is also Meteor and Meteor Commuinity discord groups
- Check out TinyCapital, the wonderful Meteor investor with a history of passion for internet businesses and long-term investment
- Subscribe the Meteor Newsletter a newsletter that is highly recommend
- Say hi to our official Meteor Evangelist @filipenevola
- Check out the Meteor Wikipedia page
- Follow Meteor on Twitter, Youtube, Medium, Meetup and Facebook
- Explore the Meteor Showcase
- And get inspired by the many other profitable businesses
Notable Open Source Projects
- RocketChat: The ultimate Free Open Source Solution for team communications.
- Wekan: The open-source kanban (inspired by Trello built with Meteor)
- Open Kadira: Open source meteor monitoring tool
- The Unchained Engine: a headless & open-source e-commerce toolkit.
- VulcanJS: A toolkit to quickly build apps with React, GraphQL & Meteor
- LessWrong 2.0: awesome discussion space, especially in the age of false information, build with VulcanJS which is built on Meteor, check it out!
Tutorials & References
- Meteor Guide: the official Meteor Guide and your first go-to resource
- Awosome Meteor: awesome Meteor packages list
- The Meteor Chef
- Clever Beagle/pup: awsome Meteor boilterplate and training
- Meteor Tuts: from zero to hero training developed by cult of coders meteor development firm
- Svelte/Meteor tutorials
- PWA Support
– Meteor PWA Explained: Demonstrate the use of PWA and service workers in Meteor 1.8+ Project
– Transform any Meteor App into a PWA
- Cult Of Coders
- Rise Technologies
- Innovation Love
- Unchained Commerce
– Job Boards
- Meteor official partners list
Awesome Meteor Developers
Do support the Meteor open-source community by sponsoring those awesome members (contribute what you can afford):
Active Meteor developers:
Past Meteor developers:
Any more packages, articles, tutorials, and discussions.
If you’re using a package/library, resource, developer, boilerplates article or tutorial not listed here please let us know, there is a lot of stuff and I don’t know or recall.