Choice of a UI framework for meteor hybrid mobile app

Hi guys,

I have been experimenting with onsen UI’s <Navigator/> and <Splitter/>. It has a great look and feel but I have run into major issues.

1. I have been unable to get icons to display. Copying onsen UI’s CSS files manually into the lib/ folder of my project didn’t help. I resorted to installing react-fontawesome. Now I have beautiful icons. I’d like to know if there’s a fix to onsen UI so I can use material and ionic icons.

2. In one of my apps, the meteor android build works fine on my phone. But in another app, build is successful, but upon installation in my phone, the pages won’t mount when I click on the navigation links. For the same app, a deployment to Heroku works fine in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave browser, but not in Vivaldi. I don’t really need to support browsers just yet, but I find it a weird enough behaviour to bring it up here.

3. I keep getting the message Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html for
    http://localhost:3000/ionicons/css/ionicons.min.css and
    http://localhost:3000/material-design-iconic-font/css/material-design-iconic-font.min.css

I’m working with a designer who’ll supposedly handle the job of making everything look beautiful. But I don’t know if plain old bootstrap can produce something that feels native to both platforms and how to go about accomplishing that.

Any suggestions as to UI framework with native look and feel as well as nice page transitions and how to get started would be very much appreciated. It’s still early in the project. I don’t want to have to start a painstaking process of refactoring later on.

1. Copy onsen UI’s CSS to the client folder. Move the icon folder to the public folder

2. Cannot understand the problem

3. Are these files under the public folder?

Thanks @rjdavid, I’ve done that and its fixed the problem. Thing is I didn’t know which files to copy.

But in case it helps someone, these are the folders I copied to meteor’s public folder.

1. ../font_awesome/
  2. ../ionicicons/
  3. ../material-design-iconic-fonts/

These folders are available in node_modules/onsenui/css.