Easy, Essentially Free Way To Support Devs

Branching off of GitHub Sponsor :heart:

Another way you could support developers that is essentially free, is to use Brave browser and enable Brave Rewards. You’ll receive small amounts of BAT for getting popup ads (generally worth $5-10 each month), which can then be used to tip any developer that has setup an account at https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/ and added their Github account as a tipping channel.

We already spend a considerable amount of time in our browsers, and once it’s setup, it’s almost effortless to dismiss a couple pop-ups every hour.

I think this could be a fantastic way to put some money in your favorite dev’s pockets even if you don’t currently have the monetary resources to contribute through traditional channels.

7 Likes

If anyone has setup thier BAT publishers account and registered their Github account as a tipping channel, please reply here so that others know and can show you some much deserved appreciation.

2 Likes

I’ve done it, it is a fantastic browser to use (built in adblocking) and I love the BAT token too.

1 Like

Awesome! :tada:

It’s definitely an great browser, and a great way to spread some love around the community! Thanks for being the first to post your BAT enabled GitHub profile @cstrat! 10 BAT headed your way :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Thanks @copleykj - i will pay it forward to the next person :smiley:

1 Like

Got mine setup as well, I’m in for any monetization option.

2 Likes

Paid forward :smiley:

2 Likes