Gamification Package?

Hello everyone, I am planning on building a simple web app with Meteor and I wanted to add some gamification elements to it. Is there a package I could use? I couldn’t find anything so far. If there isn’t a package, does anyone know what else I could do?

I would suggest making a database and storing gamification items there. It’s definitely something that can be added directly - no need for a library for it.

That makes sense. But I was wondering if there was something out there that came with some custom gamification or something…

Check these out http://www.enterprise-gamification.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=30&lang=en among which are alternatives that you can integrate into your app through client side javascript where they provide a complete platform that can be integrated into any app.

I believe, those would be much more powerful solutions compared to a custom meteor solution.

2 Likes

Enterprise Gamification now has a wiki page of gamification platforms.

You might also check out the following resources:

Additionally, I am working with developers on an open-source platform for online learning, called Crowducate. We have some planned gamification features and we welcome collaborators.

3 Likes

do people have any suggestions for good packages (or articles/tutorials) on gamification with mongo/javascript or meteor?

(note: articles/tutorials not on what gamification is, or why it’s important but actual implementation suggestions)