How to use external server for local meteor instance in browser?

I have a production meteor instance running on Meteor Galaxy. I’d like to connect to it from local meteor instance using “meteor run”. Additionally, I would like to run it in my browser, not emulator, if that matters. How can I do that?

DDP.connect() is what allows any code (client or server side) to connect to another meteor server

@serkandurusoy: Thanks! I’ll check that out. But I have to say that I’m quite confused if there isn’t any parameter like --mobile-server flag available for browser’s meteor run.

there is no “meteor run” for the browser. what meteor run does is, it takes the current app, starts its server process and sends the client files to any connected web/mobile client. --mobile-server option just tells a mobile build where to find its server so that it knows the default ddp connection and where to get hot code pushes from.

if you want different meteor applications, their client and/or server parts to exchange information across, then ddp.connect() establishes that native communication for you.

Okay. Sounds like I’m going to need to live with that fact. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any way to connect without the IP of the server or get the already connected DDP for subscription?