iOS App Store Deprecated API

New warning from apple, I"m using WKwebview but I guess one of my corodva pluguns may use UIwebview.

Does anyone know how to find the culprit besides removing one plugin at a time?

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

4 Likes

So it’s cordova-ios https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/issues/661
I hope we can get a quick patch that will remove the UIWebView

4 Likes

Same here, hoping for a quick patch. Even today I continue to recommend Meteor for mobile app development.

As of 4 days ago I received this warning but was still able to successfully publish an app to the app store.

I’ve :+1: your bug:

Agreed, as long as apple doesn’t start denying app submissions we should be ok but there is no date on when the will stop us.

Yep - the lack of date from Apple is frustrating. Fortunately we will also be able to use Hot Code Push for while, until we need to add/update plugins or submit a brand new app…

Update 11/25/2019: The Cordova team has released Cordova iOS 5.1.0, which disables UIWebview at compile time. To use it, ensure you have a WKWebView plugin installed, then add to your config.xml file. Complete details below.

However the latest Meteor release 1.8.3 still uses Cordova iOS 4.5.5. We can not fix the issue using above solution unless Meteor upgrades the Cordova iOS version to 5.1.0

Any chance meteor gets upgraded to use Cordova iOS version to 5.1.0

I just merged this PR to 1.8.4 release branch.

Our plan is to release this new version in January 2020.

4 Likes