I am having trouble running this command for mongo shell

iron mongo

Stuck at ```

meteor mongo
MongoDB shell version: 2.6.7
connecting to: 127.0.0.1:3001/meteor

anyone facing the same issue with iron-meteor package
1 Like

Is meteor already running? Because meteor is what also starts the mongo instance.

You cannot use iron mongo to connect to mongodb when meteor is not running.

meteor running ? I am running server with the command
iron
runs smoothly than I ran
iron mongo and its stuck now …

running meteor mongo wont run because its a scaffolding created with iron-meteor package.

Ok, that’s what I asked. So meteor is up, you can see the app on http://localhost:3000 but iron mongo does not respond, right?

Just for a sanity check, can you install a mongo client like robomongo and see if you can connect to 127.0.0.1:3001 from that?

If you can, we need to see what’s wrong with iron, if you can’t then that means there is a problem with the mongo instance not getting up.

okie i ll update ya in a bit

This is the error I am getting when I tried creating a connection to localhost:3000 using Robomongo

2015-04-18 23:29:21: Connecting to localhost:3000...
2015-04-18 23:29:21: connect failed
2015-04-18 23:29:21: DBClientBase::findN: transport error: localhost:3000{ SSL: { sslSupport: false, sslPEMKeyFile: "" } }{ SSH: { host: "", port: 22, user: "", password: "", publicKey: { publicKey: "", privateKey: "", passphrase: "" }, currentMethod: 0 } } ns: admin.$cmd query: { listDatabases: 1 }
2015-04-18 23:29:21: DBClientBase::findN: transport error: localhost:3000{ SSL: { sslSupport: false, sslPEMKeyFile: "" } }{ SSH: { host: "", port: 22, user: "", password: "", publicKey: { publicKey: "", privateKey: "", passphrase: "" }, currentMethod: 0 } } ns: db.$cmd query: { buildInfo: "1" }

you should be connecting to 3001 where mongo is supposed to listen.

3000 is for http where your app is served, you should check that as well

On port3001 Robomongo connecting

OK, make sure you are in your project folder. These tools won’t work outside your project folder.

Also, if iron mongo does not work, try meteor mongo. iron basically proxies meteor commands so you can use the original meteor command.

And make sure you are running the latest version of meteor. A recent version had some problems with mongo connections. So do a meteor update before trying these.

I’m having the same hang issue. Has this been resolved?

For now, you can go inside your app folder and then run

meteor mongo

Hope it helps ! and this gets fixed soon

I am having the same issue, stuck at iron mongo.
But after reading this forum and cd app , meteor mongo, there is another issue. It does come out the mongo shell PRIMARY>, but when I type the command let say ‘help’, nothing happen, nothing is displayed.