I’ve been using Meter Jobs now for quite a while and know some of it’s limitations. I’ve recently seen the raise of the package Steve Jobs and found Meteor Workers and Synced Cron on my way now.
@msavin what was your main motivation for developing Steve Jobs? Did you know of the other packages? If yes, where did you see their shortcomings?
Who knows the other packages and can push in to a comparison where users can find the best package for their need?
Here are some links:
- https://github.com/percolatestudio/meteor-synced-cron (called for new maintainers and found some https://github.com/percolatestudio/meteor-synced-cron/issues/91)
- https://github.com/Differential/meteor-workers (untouched since Oct 11, 2016)
- https://github.com/SimonSimCity/meteor-job-collection (my fork seems to be the only actively maintained)
- Introducing Steve Jobs 3 - now with repeatable jobs, debugging UI, and
- Steve Jobs: The Simple Jobs Queue That Just Works
Which of them do you use? Please leave a comment if you chose the one over the other - and why.
- Synced Cron
- Meteor Workers
- Meteor Jobs
- Steve Jobs