Is there any interest in a few tweaks to the old open-source kadira system? I’m still using it for APM and while it is excellent, find its lacking in three key areas:
- anything that happens in a callback gets logged as async (even if it’s DB work)
- no ability to track movement between functions in a complex server side method (helpful with debugging)
- no tracking of non method/pubsub interactions (e.g., when using packages like meteor-files, or responding to webhooks).
(2) can be fixed with some jerry rigging of Kadira (manually tracking “db.enteredFunction foo”)
(1) and (3) can be semi-fixed with pure kadira package changes (tracking webapp requests as methods, and tracking calls nested inside an aysnc block, but reporting them flat).
However to do this properly would require hacking about in the kadira engine and UI projects - so I’m wondering if anyone has already done something like that, or if there is any interest in it?