Meteor 1.3.2.3 partial install on windows


#1

Continuing the discussion from Announcing Meteor 1.3.2.2:

I’m upgrading to the latest 1.3.2.2 version on windows 7 and notice a partial installed 1.3.2.3
The reason I notice is that I want to run meteor and windows reports:

C:\Data\Meteor\DCMS>meteor
’“C:\Users\BMC\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.2_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\meteor.bat”’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Is there already a push from 1.3.2.3?


#2

+1. I am trying to upgrade to 1.3.2.3 on Windows 10, because 1.3.2.2 broke minimongo 1.0.15 (or vice versa) and 1.3.2.3 was at least partially released to revert that change for people. Not sure why it wont update…

events.js:72
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event

Error: spawn ENOENT
at errnoexception (child_process.js:1011:11)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:802:34)

Here is the issue on Github: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6867


#3

+1 Seems to be happening to everyone (in windows env at least)


#4

I didn’t see any issues yet. It is supposed to revert something that used DDP Connection internals that broke things. I wonder which packages used those.


#5

You can see some potential problems here https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6849 or if you were using package the package fast-render
https://github.com/kadirahq/fast-render/issues/166


#6

minimongo 1.0.15 observe changes cursor broke also: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6849

I gave up on updating and ran with meteor instead, and it is now downloading 1.0.16 of minimongo. Could be why.


#7

I ran into the same issue when updating. I then tried removing meteor and re installing. Now I get:

‘“C:\Users******\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.2_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\meteor.bat”’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,"


#8

Same. I am going to reinstall, update and see what happens. Seems to be completely broken. Cant even run old projects. Here is the GitHub issue: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6869

Edit: I uninstalled, reinstalled, and ran meteor. It started out as 1.3.1 and then decided to update to 1.3.2.2 (the broken release with the minimongo problems) which it is doing now… so I cant run any projects.

I got it running by running with meteor --release 1.3.1 so I will wait cautiously before updating again.


#9

Seems like 1.3.2.4 has been released.


I’ll give it a try.

=================================
EDIT: It seems to work now. 1.3.1 has been installed instead of 1.3.2.4 though.Logging in through the GUI still failed. Logging in via command line works.


#10

1.3.1 didn’t work for me since i was using 1.3.2 scss features already. We will have to wait I guess


#11

So many releases in such a short time :smiley: At least they are addressing them.


#12

The path statement in windows points to C:\USERS*******\AppData\Local.meteor
So if you run meteor, it refers to the metoer.bat in this folder.
I noticed that this meteor.bat already refered to C:\Users******\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.2_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\meteor.bat, and this file was missing, because this directory was only partially filled.

The workarround I applied with success is to correct the meteor.bat file in the C:\USERS*******\AppData\Local.meteor
and changed the version 1.3.2_3 to 1.3.2_2 in C:\Users******\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.2_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\meteor.bat.

So change 1.3.2_3 to a previous version that you still have installed.

That worked for me.


#13

After using your workaround, I managed to update to 1.3.2.4, which seems to be working ok under windows

meteor update --release=METEOR@1.3.2.4

It will take a while to update but that seems like an extended WIndows pain :slight_smile:


#14

Yesterday after trying to get this working for an hour or so I decided to give up and just uninstall Meteor and try again fresh this morning.

This morning I ran the Meteor Windows Installer and it is now installing Meteor version 1.3.2.4. This solved the issues I was having yesterday and my apps are now running as expected.

Thanks for the quick fix guys!