Meteor 3.0 and Galaxy 2.0 Launch Week

Hey everyone!

We have a special announcement: Join us for Meteor 3.0 and Galaxy 2.0 Launch Week! :star_struck: :sparkles:

From May 13th to May 16th, we will showcase the latest platform advancements during Launch Week, focusing on improving functionality and user experience. Each day is dedicated to exploring different aspects of these updates, providing detailed insights and demonstrations.

Register now for a chance to win credits in Galaxy! → Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

17 Likes

What form of the daily showcases is this going to take place? Streams, articles, mix?

1 Like

For each day we will provide one article and updated documentation. Starting today, I will post everyday content and share it with the community until Launch Week.

Would it be helpful to create a separate category for Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week?

1 Like

One idea is to create a main topic that is constantly updated once new topics/articles are posted. Then pin that topic regularly when updated.

Another idea is to pin the new topic/article but list the previous topics as part of the series.

1 Like

Hey, this is great. In terms of Galaxy 2.0, is there any update to the container performance? I know for a lot of us that was the main issue. Is this getting an update?

1 Like

During Launch Week, we won’t showcase this update yet. It may be highlighted in upcoming releases.

NEW POST

So, as I mentioned in the Community Slack, I will share daily content with you this week in preparation for Launch Week. Today I share the first testimonial video on Meteor’s official Twitter with @harry97.

Let’s discuss how MeteorJS has impacted our community!
Share your stories and feedback on today’s testimonial video! Let’s engage the video and show how our community and framework are still alive!

3 Likes

NEW POST

Hey! Do you have any questions about the Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 updates? Ask us anything and we’ll include the answers in our new FAQ! Comment here or on our Twitter post.

Remember, from May 13th to May 16th, we will have Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week. Register here and have a chance to gain credits on Galaxy!

3 Likes

Question:

What is the best way to update a big project with multiple developers working on different things (new business requirements, maintenance, and bug fixes) to Meteor 3? Do you recommend some specific steps that we can follow?

3 Likes

Hey everyone, NEW POST
One week to Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week!

The Launch Week content for today is a sneak peek at the new features coming in Meteor 3.0: Node.js 20 and Express. :eyes:

Meteor 3 now supports Node.js 20. With Meteor 3 and Node.js 20, you can write cleaner, more readable asynchronous code using the async/await pattern. Another feature is that Meteor 3 now supports Express, making it easy to build Node.js web applications with one of the most popular frameworks.

Join us for Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week to explore their new features. Upgrade your projects to Meteor 3 to take advantage of the latest enhancements!

Register here, have a chance to earn credits on Galaxy, and start building with the new Meteor 3.0: Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

3 Likes

I think @jkuester shared a nice approach on his article.

1 Like