Meteor 3.0 and Galaxy 2.0 Launch Week

Hey everyone!

We have a special announcement: Join us for Meteor 3.0 and Galaxy 2.0 Launch Week! :star_struck: :sparkles:

From May 13th to May 16th, we will showcase the latest platform advancements during Launch Week, focusing on improving functionality and user experience. Each day is dedicated to exploring different aspects of these updates, providing detailed insights and demonstrations.

Register now for a chance to win credits in Galaxy! → Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

19 Likes

What form of the daily showcases is this going to take place? Streams, articles, mix?

1 Like

For each day we will provide one article and updated documentation. Starting today, I will post everyday content and share it with the community until Launch Week.

Would it be helpful to create a separate category for Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week?

1 Like

One idea is to create a main topic that is constantly updated once new topics/articles are posted. Then pin that topic regularly when updated.

Another idea is to pin the new topic/article but list the previous topics as part of the series.

1 Like

Hey, this is great. In terms of Galaxy 2.0, is there any update to the container performance? I know for a lot of us that was the main issue. Is this getting an update?

1 Like

During Launch Week, we won’t showcase this update yet. It may be highlighted in upcoming releases.

NEW POST

So, as I mentioned in the Community Slack, I will share daily content with you this week in preparation for Launch Week. Today I share the first testimonial video on Meteor’s official Twitter with @harry97.

Let’s discuss how MeteorJS has impacted our community!
Share your stories and feedback on today’s testimonial video! Let’s engage the video and show how our community and framework are still alive!

3 Likes

NEW POST

Hey! Do you have any questions about the Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 updates? Ask us anything and we’ll include the answers in our new FAQ! Comment here or on our Twitter post.

Remember, from May 13th to May 16th, we will have Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week. Register here and have a chance to gain credits on Galaxy!

3 Likes

Question:

What is the best way to update a big project with multiple developers working on different things (new business requirements, maintenance, and bug fixes) to Meteor 3? Do you recommend some specific steps that we can follow?

3 Likes

Hey everyone, NEW POST
One week to Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week!

The Launch Week content for today is a sneak peek at the new features coming in Meteor 3.0: Node.js 20 and Express. :eyes:

Meteor 3 now supports Node.js 20. With Meteor 3 and Node.js 20, you can write cleaner, more readable asynchronous code using the async/await pattern. Another feature is that Meteor 3 now supports Express, making it easy to build Node.js web applications with one of the most popular frameworks.

Join us for Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week to explore their new features. Upgrade your projects to Meteor 3 to take advantage of the latest enhancements!

Register here, have a chance to earn credits on Galaxy, and start building with the new Meteor 3.0: Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

4 Likes

I think @jkuester shared a nice approach on his article.

3 Likes

NEW POTS

Just 5 days until Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week! What expectations do you have about it?

Register here to participate on May 13th: Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

3 Likes

NEW POTS

Just 4 days until Meteor 3 and Galaxy 2 Launch Week! Let’s talk about Galaxy!

This is not just an update, it’s a significant leap forward, designed to enhance your development experience, and a new logo inspired by the cosmos.
Our new Galaxy logo retains the familiar essence of Meteor, the Galaxy name with a subtle but significant twist.
Join the event and be part of the journey into the new era: Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

4 Likes

Hopefully helpful feedback:

• Will the nouns (stars, dark hole, elements, etc) always be present, surrounding the logo? That is non-standard and they don’t appear to have any specific relationship to the features and benefits of Galaxy.
  • The treatment of the letter X raises questions without need. Is it a meteor flying by two other meteors, which are circling something?
1 Like

The nouns surrounding the logo represent all the elements of the universe that could remind us about a galaxy (like stars, or a dark hole…) and we use this idea to create a new briefing to the Galaxy logo. In our daily routine, we will use some visual elements in our background art covers (like our article covers, and social art posts).

And the X is a meteor flying by a representation of an elliptical galaxy, kind of like these pictures:

main-qimg-4e9ed80d225096133dd53d2ef5e43202-lq

2 Likes

It’s the final countdown! 3 days to go. :rocket: :sparkles:
Check out the last video testimonial with @nachocodoner and see the importance of migrating your meteor projects to Meteor 3.

If you haven’t registered yet, now’s the time: Meteor Software - Build with Meteor.js, deploy on Meteor Cloud

Remind you all: the event start at 10:00 AM (GMT-3), you can check your local time here

If you have questions, feedback, or suggestions, ping us on the Slack Community.

2 Likes

What’s the link for the launch week events? I registered but I don’t see the link for some reason.

1 Like

Hey!
For this first launch, we will make an asynchronous format. The first article is already available here: Embracing the Future: Meteor 3 with Node v20 and Express - DEV Community

2 Likes

In the blog post, it says:

If you are not in version 2.16 yet, make sure to follow the migration guides from your current version up to Meteor 2.16.

Clicking the link brings up a page about migrating to version 2.14. Is there a page about migrating to version 2.16? Or, if I migrate to version 2.14, am I already compatible with version 2.16? I’m currently at version 2.15.