Meteor and GraphQL Conference in Warsaw

I am organising the Meteor and GraphQL Conference, 27-28 April 2017, Warsaw.

Earlier this year I set up the Metoer in flip flops coding bootcamp for those who wanted to learn Meteor in a dream setup. It was great opportunity to meet other Meteor developers and learn from great tutors.

In July I attended the Meteor unconference in Berlin organised by Callum Macdonald from Superlumen and it was again exciting to meet people who can share their knowledge.

Can we go one step further and organise a big event for all that live and breathe Meteor and GraphQL?

If you have any advice or if you would like to be a speaker or attend, let me know. Here you can find Meteor and GraphQL Conference.

27 Likes

Nice plan @Maciej! Would be nice to attend! Warsaw is an interesting place. Lots of development going on there. London is off course also nice but yes, expensive, as you mentioned.

1 Like

Just in case people are wondering, I was a tutor at this thing when Maciej organised it earlier this year and it was mindblowingly awesome. So definitely go. Despite it being in Warsaw rather than Las Palmas I’m sure he’ll figure out some unexpected twists that make it worthwhile :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll think it’s a very good idea and it will be a great opportunity to discover Poland =)

3 Likes

Good idea! Meteor In Flip Flops was success, definitely want to see this

1 Like

The first feedback is really encouraging - thank you. You want to listen to great speakers talking about Meteor, Apollo and GraphQL but also to guys that run Meteor applications in production and would like to share their experiences.
Keep spreading the word!

1 Like

Yes! Great idea. Would love to see this happen. Currently running in production on the latest and greatest Meteor but definitely interested to hear more about what others have been doing. Definitely great that it will be about GraphQL as well, I attended the GraphQL meetup in Amsterdam a few months ago and it was already huge. By april there will probably be an ideal migration path to go forward with GraphQL in Meteor applications. Hence timing might be perfect as well. Count me in.

2 Likes

It would be really nice to have this conference. I would definitely go there

1 Like

Very good idea! I was at the Berlin unconference and met a lot of interesting people and exchanged meaningful ideas. Definitely want to do that again.
Together with Rahul I tutored the Meteor in Flipflops, which was a big adventure :slight_smile: I got to know maciej as an able organizer, throwing in wild ideas to liven up the event and to spark friendships. He’s definitely the right guy to organise this conf as well!

I think Meteor is beste taught hands-on, so would like to have workshops. For meteor newbies, for adding apollo to an existing project, for debugging/optimizing, etc. Maybe combine with a hackathon as well?

2 Likes

Very nice plan. I’m in! Hopefully we get some support from MDG

1 Like

Great idea! Would be really awesome to have the event held in Warsaw. Poland has a vibrant tech startup scene and has been at the forefront of innovation in many fields.

1 Like

This would be a brilliant annual event to have in Europe and I hope the Meteor community get behind it. MDG should be grateful for guys like Maciej going the extra mile and creating events like this for them - I certainly hope they throw in some funds for sponsorship. Added to everything listed by people, the React/Redux world also needs exploring in the schedule. Good luck Maciej, I shall be there!

1 Like

I am definitely in for this, cannot way to discover Poland also !

1 Like

Hey, this is awesome! I was at the Meteor unconference too and it was great.
Awesome meeting some of the people from the European meteor community.

I could probably find something to talk about if there are open slots, otherwise
I’d love to just be there with you guys and have an awesome time, exchanging
knowledge.

2 Likes

This is a great idea, would love to come :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome idea! To be honest I would prefer to go to a such conference in Poznań (still in Poland) but Warsaw will be also fine - looking forward to attend!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh that will be great! I’ve been part of the Meteor in Flip Flops adventure and Meteor Unconference: full confidence in Maciej and all the people that will get involved in the conference to make it a huge success! :rocket:

1 Like

Great Ideas @Maciej. I’ll love to come and participate.

1 Like

I hope we’ll have visa-free in April
And…I will go (-:

1 Like

We would like to do a presentation on Redis Oplog. How we managed to switch reactivity from MongoDB to Redis. https://github.com/cult-of-coders/redis-oplog by then it will become super stable and ready to use in production-apps.

Is this possible? :slight_smile:

3 Likes