Meteor Cordova cannot build an android aab with target API Level 33 / android v13?

Using:

I end up with a build of API Level 30, we need API Level 33 to upload to google play:

Basically needs to build for android v13 or else it is useless.

FYI: on windows, the build only works if every time you run the build command, you first rename a file:

• Rename files or build will fail to run the version javascript file (meteor cordova is janky on windows)

• ROOT\.meteor\local\cordova-build\platforms\android\cordova\version > version.js

Or else it fails to run ‘version’ (a javascript file) , witch for some reason gets created each time without the extention .js

I feel like Meteor cordova is… falling so far behind.

Here is a post on getting to API Level 31 / android v12 (which is no longer good enough)… with some work arounds
New level API 31

More on cordova-android supporting API Level 33
" You may still be able to target SDK 33 with cordova-android@11 using android-targetSdkVersion preference, but cordova-android@11 is untested with SDK 33."

I have tried with:
java version “1.8.0_391”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_391-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.391-b13, mixed mode)

and also Java v21

Gradle v.8.4

Does anyone know if this is possible?

further links to the issue when it was still only API Level 31 required:

@theslantedroom

Use pwabuilder to build new package to submit to Play Store. Works with newest API level.

WeKan is Open Source kanban

https://wekan.github.io

Using favicons etc at wekan/public directory of this repo:

Apps at Play Store, Windows Desktop MS Store, and Ubuntu Touch OpenStore

Or alternatively, manually make PWA icon to mobile etc

Or use at big touchscreen

@theslantedroom Did you figure this out? I’ve run into the same problem.

No I did not. I see there was recently some suggestions on how to do it… but I have not tried. Using capacitor and ditched meteor for that project.