`meteor mongo` broken?

I’m trying to access a local mongo db with Meteor@1.1.0.1, as I used to do in the last year, but I’m getting this error:

mongo: Meteor isn't running a local MongoDB server.

This command only works while Meteor is running your application locally. Start your application first. (This error will also occur if you asked Meteor to use a different
MongoDB server with $MONGO_URL when you ran your application.)

If you're trying to connect to the database of an app you deployed with 'meteor deploy', specify your site's name with this command.
luca@splendido-laptop:~/Projects/AutoPublish/autopublish.meteor.com$ meteor mongo
mongo: Meteor isn't running a local MongoDB server.

This command only works while Meteor is running your application locally. Start your application first. (This error will also occur if you asked Meteor to use a different
MongoDB server with $MONGO_URL when you ran your application.)

If you're trying to connect to the database of an app you deployed with 'meteor deploy', specify your site's name with this command.

any idea??

Same here. Installed meteor for the first time on ubuntu yesterday. Started the tutorial and got stuck when reaching “meteor mongo” with the same error message. Application is running locally.

Yep, it is broken!

In the meantime, your best bet is to either downgrade, use metor shell, or install and use mongodb’s stock clients (or a gui app like robomongo)

1 Like

thanks! had just downgraded – working now – when I saw your post.

A bug on our behalf: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/4115

Ok, good to know it wasn’t only me :wink:

Tnx!