Meteor Svelte Starter

I got an initial version of a starter up and running with Svelte and Svelte-Routing. Svelte Routing requires Meteor 1.8.2, due to the way it ships source. It exports .svelte files directly, which need to be recompiled, and that requires 1.8.2 (still in beta).

I tried to get SSR working, but it wasn’t picking up the server rendered HTML, and instead was rending a second copy of the tree. I also don’t think I have linting set up correctly - VS Code is all over the place.

The next thing to get up and running is svelte-loadable (I’ll have to port the SSR stuff from 'npdev:react-loadable). After that maybe I'll port overnpdev:collections`. :slight_smile:

Update: I forgot the link.

18 Likes

Nice! I’m loving Svelte right now.

1 Like

I just got the first build of a svelte-loadable solution up (and my starter is using it). Check out the announcement.

Working with Svelte to make this work has been a total joy.

I did a static site with Svelte and totally liked it. There is also https://github.com/meteor-svelte/meteor-svelte, maybe you could join forces.

My starter project is just a regular meteor app built on top of various packages - including meteor-svelte. :slight_smile:

Its meant as a jumping off point to get up and running quickly on Meteor with Svelte (and I have one for Meteor + React as well).

Well all the best for your project.