Fixed the link.
React has a massive amount of libraries. Libraries that do everything for you. There’s no svelte equivalent to the material-ui library, for example. There’s no react-select equivalent, there’s no react-table equivalent, there’s no formik equivalent. Even the routing libraries are very young compared to react-router.
That’s entirely down to popularity, and really isn’t a big deal. It’s not difficult to write things yourself. The autocomplete component in the repository I linked was my solution to a lack of mobile friendly select boxes, for example.
It does play fine with plain JS libraries though. The Timepicker component uses a plain JS library.
Regarding meteor - no, not really. Between svelte’s reactive-ness, and meteor’s Tracker + ReactiveDeps, everything “just works”. When I first started the project, I had a mismatch between the svelte-compiler version, and my version of svelte which threw some wonderfully confusing errors that took a second to track down. I also haven’t gotten SSR working yet because I’m importing CSS directly from my components, which isn’t playing nice with the server-render package. Haven’t really looked into it very much, though. Other than that, everything’s been peachy-keen.
For meteor itself, I really enjoyed working with it. It’s not perfect, I really disagree with their decision to make strings the default ID type. Had to spend a lot of time switching my models to ObjectIDs when I used the mongo driver directly to create some records, but now I know.
That said, it was really quite a lot of fun working with. Usually when I’m working on a project, I spend a lot of time working out kinks with the framework, and getting things running. Everything “just worked” with meteor, most of the time.
I really don’t understand the bad rap it gets. When I mentioned to my peers I was working on something in meteor, I was met with derision. After working it with it on this project, meteor would be my first pick for any project.