After working on Meteor-Files for 5+ years I realized it is difficult to use and you need to “understand it”. I’ll keep original Meteor-Files package up to date, but it will enter LTS stage after upcoming v2.0 release.
I’d like to ask for your input — what do you need as developer the most when uploading files within web application? Please, let me know.
Here’s my ideas for
- Stick to the HTTP transport
- Keep “progress” features on the Client
- Keep “continuity” feature to be able to resume upload when connection got interrupted or on poor connection, like 3G
onAfterUploadhook on the Server, to manage file after it’s fully uploaded
onDownloadhook on the Server, to manage access to the file
onBeforeUploadhook on the Server and Client, to manage/abort upload;
.addFilemethods as part of Server API
- Result of upload would be “downloadable” path to the file, and object with its stats like:
- Get rid of Collection and its features — you’re in full control on where and what data to store
Also you’re more than welcome to come up with a better idea for the new package name