Hi, after starting to make the universal fork compatible to the xBSD systems, currently the OpenBSD Gets its ready-to-go dev_bundle.
I would be happy if some could try to make that work on his OpenBSD 5.7 system.
What to do ?
The process will take approx 10m (or ~30m if no dev_bundle already downloadable)
- Login to your system
- You need to have or install that packages
sudo pkg_add bash gmake flock git mongodb
- You need to link the installed python as default
sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.7 /usr/local/bin/python
please check if your python release may differ from python2.7
- clone the universal fork to your home
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/4commerce-technologies-AG/meteor
- most parts already done, now test meteor version for the first time
ATTENTION: if no dev_bundle is available please add an issue to github
- that worked try to create a small example
$HOME/meteor/meteor create --example simple-todos-react
- Now launch your browser and feel great
Thanks for feedback and help
P.S.: Please use the issues on github so I can track the work.
If interested in the number of things we did until here, read this thread: