I rely on prerender.io for easy caching of my Meteor sites for search engines. Been a customer for over 5 years. Today, learned they are tripling my rate (with no change in my usage). Are there any drop-in alternatives others are using?
the Prerender service is included as part of Meteor Cloud (Galaxy) at no additional cost
SEO with Prerender | Galaxy Docs ![]()
Same - can’t believe they’re hiking from $9 to $99 haha
They have a community version that you can run on your own 1GB RAM Ubuntu. I had it for the past 3-4 years and I am really fine with it. Installing it required some learning of NGINX. If I am not wrong, Netlify uses it as well.
@dr.dimitru runs a service (not really sure if this is him) Web services for web development · ostr.io
Ostrio looks perfect! (better actually). Thanks!!
Nice, that’s a good benefit. Galaxy is not priced well for my use case (currently paying ~$500/mo with Digital Ocean, comparative setup on Galaxy would be ~$4000/mo).
Those are actually big savings. How much do you have to spend to manage the deployment? do you run into any issues or hang ups?
ostr.io is great! highly recommend
it s maybe too late but I recently realised my pre-rendering service + a meteor package , check https://page-replica.com , any feedback is welcomed
Hi, did you set it up with nginx proxy? I was having issues to configure it in Nginx following their docs
Nginx is a little tricky since every setup is unique, take a look at our recently updated Nginx docs.
The simplest integration for Meteor.js would be its dedicated Atmosphere package
lovablehtml has free pre-rendering api you can use in your middleware: https://lovablehtml.com/api-platform. No subscription, they only charge for renders
Hey guys,
We are currently working on SSG/SSR for blaze (if you use it) app SSG & SSR for Meteor + Blaze: A Proof of Concept - #5 by nachocodoner
Also worth testing out my fork of Blaze that is re-written in Typescript. It supports SSR!: Server-Side Rendering (SSR) | Blaze-NG