Sample Meteor upload and CSV importer

Here’s a sample meteor CSV upload and import.

Thanks to Ryan Glover from @themeteorchef - The Meteor Chef for the help in debugging and fixing the bugs.

The original source is from George Mcknight Youtube Meteor Upload and Import CSV tutorial.

Feel free to clone the repo for your own use.

Bug: Nothing happens if you click the "choose file" button on Firefox 38 running on Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows 7 but working as expected on Chromium Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows 7. Not sure on OS X.

If you happen to encounter the bug, please post it on issues, so that others can contribute and hopefully someone will fixed it.

Disclaimer: I am not the author of the code, credits to George Mcknight as he is the source and Ryan Glover @themeteorchef for fixing significant bugs.

Thanks and Happy coding!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Marvin!

1 Like

It’s my pleasure Ryan!

Thanks again!

Hi Ryan,

I thought of implementing the same using your base 3, but confused, will you be write an article @themeteorchef blog for csv import if so it’ll be great.

Hi @arshad,

You can use the code on my repo above if you want to import a csv into a schema-less collection.

However, if you’re planning to have a schema on your collection, or use aldeed:collection2, you have to edit the method which I didn’t have a solution yet, i have an open issue here regarding this concern.

UPDATE: aldeed already responded to my issue and he proposed a fix which I haven’t try it yet :smile:

You can track this issue if it fixes my problem and let you know.

1 Like