🚦 TRANSMISSION #1: a weekly show w/Sashko broadcasting the latest from Meteor Forums

Cool, I made a topic that’s gonna get covered! :smiley: Good luck, guys!

Just don’t let the whole show become React dominated guys.

2 Likes

While there’s no specific thread for this right now, there have been a lot of questions about scalability and performance. I think it’d be interesting to hear a bit about this topic and about future plans regarding this.

2 Likes

+1 Seba. Most of the recommendations for improving performance come from Kadira, not Meteor. Does @sashko have anything to add or do all of MDG just defer to the infinite wisdom of @arunoda :slight_smile:

+1 For Mantra. It would be very interesting to hear what MDG (or Sashko) think about it.

1 Like

How about this?

4 Likes

Redux, Flux, React. “States” and the management of “States” seems to have new meaning. The roles of ReactiveDict Reactive Variables, Minimongo take on new meaning. I would recommend addressing The New Union of the “States”. As a newbie, none that stuff mattered to me before but now there’s React and modules., suddenly it does.

2 Likes

To be honest, that stuff has always mattered but React just put a spotlight on the whole concept.

Furthermore, the definition of “right” seems everchanging and seems depending heavily on the type of app you are building. I’d say follow the official meteor guide and spend your time coding, rather then dwelling on these subjects. In time, when you begin feeling more experienced, you’ll be forming your own opinions based on your actual experiences.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

@benstr When will the first one be out?

Probably late Monday

1 Like

:thumbsup: I have questions planned around Local State and Domain State when we talk about Mantra.

2 Likes

Y’all should really read the Meteor Guide:

5 Likes

Great, I didn’t notice it before. By the way the guide is a god send.

1 Like

Thanks, best thing you can do to is help me promote it when people ask relevant questions on the forums and elsewhere!

2 Likes

For the name I will say : the Metehour
What do you think?

Meaty hour? Hmmmmm… we recorded some good stuff, excited to see what people think!

5 Likes

I tried this:

Alexa Play Transmission…

“Transmission from Prime Music”

Alexa, Stop! Play Transmission podcast from Tunin"

“I Can’t find the podcast transmission from Tunein”

Right Click Download.

1 Like

React best practices/

Just had a quick look at the homepage and “meteoric” was the word that jumped out to me as a potential podcast name