Which framework use to create mobile app?

Some of you suggest to use reapp. What is that suggestion based on?
I had a quick look and I see it is hardly maintained anymore and there is no clear way (to me at least) to integrate it with Meteor.

Now the MDG will move away from Blaze, the Meteoric package will be no longer maintained. The question is, what is the alternative for building mobile apps now? I like react, no problem to use that instead of blaze, but what is the recommended css/html framework for mobile that works with it?

1 Like

Hi @achirkof, I’m curious about your progress. How is it going ? Is it good to go with F7 + Meteor + React ?

3 Likes

I’m curious about it too!

framework7 is unbelievable, just tested it with an iPad 1 just to see what i get and most of things worked.

Hello @leiduong,
I’m just test it with Meteor(without React) and it looks awesome. Now I’m finishing web part of my application and then continue develop mobile and it will be Meteor + F7 :-).

3 Likes

Exicting! Looking forward to your mobile app. I will also try the Meteor + F7 combination and response asap.

Maybe this topic is interesting for you, guys:

1 Like

Hi @achirkof, what is symlink ? I still can’t figure it out how to organize them to connect to the same server and share some server code (method, etc…)

Probably Material-UI.

I am trying my hand at Meteor Mobile app development using Angular and Ionic. So far its good experience, planning to write a blog soon about it.

I try using F7 but it’s router conflict with iron-router. Anyone know F7 package that really work with meteor?

Blaze is not going away now :slight_smile:

I’ve had a good experience so far with Angular + Ionic and this tutorial: http://info.meteor.com/blog/whatsapp-with-meteor-angular-and-ionic

Meteoric is maintain in this repo: https://github.com/JoeyAndres/meteor-ionic. If you like blaze you can use this version of Meteoric.

React Native for me, hands down.

1 Like

For anyone who use framework7, which router you use? F7 come with native router.

For anyone who loves Meteoric here is a biiiiiiig good news:

1 Like

I use Framework7 with Iron-router. Works ok. Im slowlying trying to port over to using flow router…takes a while but I guess should still work. The only issue with FW7 is that alot of the views are non-editable…so hard to achieve custom look. And yes, Angular is really painful for me, so wont touch that.

1 Like

Hi @mthh, How are you handling transitions or animations between pages with F7 and iron-router?

Hi Paulo,

I dont have any hardcore animations for the app.
Most of the animations are in built into the specific functions u want.
For example, if you want a message rising from below, you need to choose popups.
Theres also like preloader screens.

If you want complex ones, I think FW7 doesnt have it. Its pretty minimalistic.

It does not conflict iron-router. However recently I have issues with my login and register page transitions for some odd reason. Cant seem to solve that.