Who uses what - Blaze/Angular/React/Vue - Poll

Using both Blaze and React. React for new stuff, but thereā€™s still a lot of legacy Blaze stuff to convert! Been going since Meteor v0.6.

2 Likes

I think this topic should be in community category. So you might want to move this topic.

1 Like

Using React, totally love the concept and ideology of it!

Interesting. I also love vue.

Is it stable within Meteor?

What package you use ?

1 Like

Probably yes, just used the analogy with Allow/Deny poster, moved it from announce to community.

And again - Golden Rule rules :slight_smile:

At the time of writing (52 voters) it is about 1/3 Blaze and 2/3 React. So, taking into account similar results at Allow/Deny or Methods poll, I think we are more human than we think.

My hypothesis is that whatever technology you would chose, there is always will be a single choice people would follow, tagging one ā€œClassicā€ (Blaze), the other Modern (React), or one ā€œOutdatedā€ (Allow/Deny) and other ā€œCurrentā€ (Methods and Mixins), due to dualism, and they will eventually would be distributed like in these 2 polls.

Last I checked, we had at total 111% ā€¦ (3,39,66,3) wow! We are even beating physics :slight_smile:

@Volodymyr, any chance you can fix the Poll?

1 Like

Well, it is because of multiple choice, you can choose 1-2-3 technologies if you are actually using them. But as not many people actually using this opportunity - 57 voters / 64 votes - it does much influence the results, and even if it does it does not hurt scientifically :slight_smile:

ouch for angularā€¦

20char

To be able to use Vue single components Iā€™m using meteor-webpack. To integrate Vue to meteor Iā€™m using almini/vue-meteor. Vue-router is working great. Also Iā€™m using kazupon i18n.
As a bonus webpack gave me fast rebuilt and hot module reload with Vue, itā€™s an amazing boost in productivity. Everything is very stable but my project is not yet in production.

meteor-webpack supports meteor test for two days now but there is a bug when testing with Vue at the moment. Hopefully they will fix that soon. As a workaround I use Chimp tests and do full-app unit tests simply by wrapping them in server.execute and browser.execute commands. It is quite fast.

I created an ā€œHello world!ā€ example repo here:

(Itā€™s a debug repo for the meteor test command not working, but everything else is working. Itā€™s in CoffeeScript, semicolon lovers :wink: )

2 Likes

We are using Blaze for a lot of projects and we are thinking about using React in the future.

I will compare the packages from startups from https://builtwithmeteor.com/ if somebody is interested.

1 Like

At time of writing, we are at React 60 / Blaze 45 ā€“ now I wonder how many of the 60 are new devs that switched to Meteor (which was the original intent), and how many are old-timers who switched to React based on MDGā€™s advice.

In other words, did we create a problem and then solve it? :slight_smile:

Thanks @Volodymyr for this poll. I like your critical thinking (from other posts as well).

2 Likes

I used React in the past.
Now I am trying Deku.
Riot is also a good option.

Interesting to see that so many users are ā€œalreadyā€ on Reactā€¦

Vue ā€œwinningā€ from Angular should be enough incentive for MDG to add official Vue supportā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You may also want to add an option for Mithril.js. Iā€™ve used it for a couple projects over last 6 months and it works great with Meteor. We chose it over the alternatives due to its render speed and small file size, as a requirement from our client was to ensure the site would load relatively quickly on slow internet connections.
I enjoyed the combination enough that I created a generator to use for future projects. However it is still a work in progress and needs some updating/improving.
https://www.npmjs.com/package/generator-meteor-mithril

The creator of Mithril also wrote a basic guide to implementing Mithril with Meteor.
http://lhorie.github.io/mithril-blog/mithril-and-meteor.html

2 Likes

With Blaze slowingly but steadily taking over in this poll (with some peak increase on weekend) let me take another hypothesis - busier people who read forum less frequently or on weekend are more conservative and just use the technology they have at hand to make the work done.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add Vue to the post title? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vue v2.0 FTW :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Updated :slight_smile: I do not think that would change anything but logically this is correct as it reflects the content of the poll. And in the poll it rather symbolizes ā€˜Other than official libraryā€™.

2 Likes

hmm so:

blaze crew = reaganites; the silent majority; too busy to protest

react crew = occupy wallstreet; lots of free time; hipsters

:grin:

4 Likes